Where can I get a PEEK lower partial denture made?

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
I have a patient who absolutely does not want any "metal" in her mouth.
I don't want to make her a Valplast either.
She has done some research regarding PEEK and this is what she's requested.
Anyone on the forum able to mill a PEEK partial denture or make a recommendation?

Many thanks,

Joe

Roman

Roman

Reaction score
Anyone on the forum able to mill a PEEK partial denture or make a recommendation?

Many thanks,

Joe
The material is very similar to PEEK. It means, bonding problem will apply to it. There is no chemical adhesion with acrylic or resin.
wouldn't recommend.
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/lets-talk-about-peek.30302/post-311893

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
thanks Roman!
Looks like the stuff I want to use

G

genesis1

Reaction score
You can have it milled using acetal. Acetal can be done in some tooth shades and pink. Acetal can also be repaired. I’ve milled a couple and both my doc and the patients liked them. I just don’t do many because they take up a lot of mill time. I hope this helps.

G

grantoz

Reaction score

Many thanks,

Joe
you can send it to any Zirkonzahn lab that has the denture design software .Zirkonzahn have bonding systems for the resins and make the teeth out of multistratum which is polycarbonate their PEEK material comes in various colours including pink tissue and is called technomed and is very durable some of our cases have been in the mouth for 2 years now.

Roman

Roman

Reaction score
you can send it to any Zirkonzahn lab that has the denture design software .Zirkonzahn have bonding systems for the resins and make the teeth out of multistratum which is polycarbonate their PEEK material comes in various colours including pink tissue and is called technomed and is very durable some of our cases have been in the mouth for 2 years now.
MULTISTRATUM® FLEXIBLE
Flexible high-performance resin with natural color gradient from dentine to enamel suitable for functional and esthetic prototypes.
Are you serious ? flexible resin for teeth ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
MULTISTRATUM® FLEXIBLE
Flexible high-performance resin with natural color gradient from dentine to enamel suitable for functional and esthetic prototypes.
Are you serious ? flexible resin for teeth ?
Yes, he's serious. He's been around here for nearly 10 years stirring it up.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its not like rubber, man . look at the rest of the website and see how they use it. it works great for denture teeth its much more durable than normal denture teeth about 2 time the mpa.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
stirring yes wrong rarely.:cool:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
its not like rubber, man . look at the rest of the website and see how they use it. it works great for denture teeth its much more durable than normal denture teeth about 2 time the mpa.
Is this a graphene based material?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
No, i have used it too, quite extensively. Good but you absolutely must seal the material with the sealant or it will wear very easily. Had many remakes. Good flexibility, easy to machine, fair colour. Definitely recommend.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can have it milled using acetal. Acetal can be done in some tooth shades and pink. Acetal can also be repaired. I’ve milled a couple and both my doc and the patients liked them. I just don’t do many because they take up a lot of mill time. I hope this helps.
Can be repaired? Please tell how and with what. I've added to them but only with pure mechical retention methods.

G

genesis1

Reaction score
I use my hotshot elite gun and duracetal from Myerson
Can be repaired? Please tell how and with what. I've added to them but only with pure mechical retention methods.

T

TanMan

Reaction score
I hope you're well compensated for that denture... I've learned early on that when a patient starts dictating what material to use (beyond the traditional materials, and not because of allergies) then that's the time to refer the patient. I've been burned in my first year of practice, bending over to non-traditional requests.

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
Ok, I simply melted a few 2 liter plastic coke bottles and formed it around my model.
Patient was very happy to have a "no metal" partial denture.

Actually I ended up using Solvay 360 AKP material.
I can actually mill this stuff for partials on my AG Motion 2.
Found a lab I Torrance, CA that designed and milled it for me.
I have to say that I was very very impressed with the fit. Patient was happy too.
Moral of the story.....sometimes it's good to be pushed out of your comfort zone and try new things.

Top Bottom