Whats your favorite soft reline material?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dr is sending a lower he wants done in molloplast b, but I know there's many materials out there.
In the past I've used versacryl but dont get too many soft relines, and I'm not a big fan of the adhesion or lack thereof rather.. I use GC pour for hard relines but I'd like something similar to molloplast in its 'softness'.
Any suggestions?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Eh, I've only ever used Dentsply's Permasoft. The only thing of theirs I buy.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Dr is sending a lower he wants done in molloplast b, but I know there's many materials out there.
In the past I've used versacryl but dont get too many soft relines, and I'm not a big fan of the adhesion or lack thereof rather.. I use GC pour for hard relines but I'd like something similar to molloplast in its 'softness'.
Any suggestions?
Dentsply Luci-Sof is comparable to molloplast, but better. It doesn't turn black and nasty. You can use a handpiece to finish it, but it's easier with a high speed lathe. We don't have a high speed, so we also use Permasoft. You can cure it in the pressure pot on a jig, or invest and pack in a flask and boil it for 15 minutes. We boil ours. It finishes easily with a carbide bur.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Any suggestions?
I have been using silicone type soft liner for years now, it is indestructible and the only thing that will cut it is a surgical knife or arbor band that come with the kit.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Silicone type would be molloplast? What are you using?

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Molloplast B is a pain in the butt and technique sensitive but it lasts longer than any other i've tried. Never gotten over two years out of any others. A heatless stone on a mandrel trims it slowly but smoothly.