What Yellow stone do you use?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I loved BegoStone when I wasn't paying the bills. Every batch was perfectly consistent and the working properties were such that I could do 8 tripple trays at one go.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
GC's Fujirock. For us, it has always been a smooth, tough stone with consistent results from each order.

C

charles007

Reaction score
What have you found to be best, and why?
Bob, started using GC Fujirock back in the early 90's when I bought Vita's Inceram system which at that time I learned low expansion die stones are more accurate. Fujirock is not cheap but I believe in using the best die stones. Number of years ago switched to Talladium Tuff Rock, Ivory color (.05 expansion, 20,450 psi.). Tuff Rock is slightly stronger to me than Fujirock. Why the Best ? Prior to using Fujirock it was common to see bubbles and usually around the margins. After changing to Fujirock the bubble problems disappeared. Nothing wrong with Fujirock, but I did notice Tuff Rock being stronger on cases with lower anteriors that tend to break if not careful when pulling from the impression. Both of these stones are very creamy and flow very well without being runny. Almost forgot and very important, Tuff Rock is less dusty with the resin and less abrasion on proximal contact areas on the model. I'm sure there are other good resin die stones just as good and maybe cheaper ?

Last edited:
John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a good stone thats around $40-60 for 50lbs.
Sorry it comes down to dollars. Would it not make more cents (sense) to buy a quality stone that has the compression strength, hardness qualities, and overall qualities that you need? Unfortunately, we don't refer to types of gypsum, types of alloys, types of ceramic, etc, anymore which just further dilutes (and confuses) what we do as a profession.