What would you do?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I'll hold open the door for anyone coming or going, on a few occasions they have harrumphed and opened the other door for themselves. People are weird. So what. If they want to be bitter and misanthropic, you can be what you want too.

It's hard to know what is going on, he might have been yelled at about it, or just got a call that his mom's last round of chemo was unsuccesful. Either way, you tried to help, and good for you.

I never slam a door and I say thank you if someone holds the door. Seems today's world will let you step in a puddle according to my son who I gave an irritating lecture about that to. Here's a you tub video that reflects a little about how i feel (dog advertising burgers in China :) Not really just watching u tube videos:

doug

doug

Reaction score
Last week I got a call from a dentist's office saying they had just sent me a case based on a referral from a rep from a n implant company(he's a good friend). They wanted a few prescriptions and a fee schedule. No problem, put a little package together and send it out. Never received any case. I will give my friend a boat load of grief, in good fun, about it. no loss as I never worked with the doc, just a lost opportunity.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Last week I got a call from a dentist's office saying they had just sent me a case based on a referral from a rep from a n implant company(he's a good friend). They wanted a few prescriptions and a fee schedule. No problem, put a little package together and send it out. Never received any case. I will give my friend a boat load of grief, in good fun, about it. no loss as I never worked with the doc, just a lost opportunity.
You did the right thing. It may still pan out.

N

nomamdai

Reaction score
What if a long time past account that hasn't sent work for three years (who was obviously using another lab),out of the blue asks for a new price list? Would you run one over as if nothing ever happened, snail mail it, email it, or do nothing ( they had used my lab for ten years prior to that)?

Business is business! With that said it is in your best interest find out why they may have left. Maybe it was a service you didn’t provide, maybe quality, or maybe they wanted to try something new. Whatever the reason you can use that to make your business better. And, grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Business is business! With that said it is in your best interest find out why they may have left. Maybe it was a service you didn’t provide, maybe quality, or maybe they wanted to try something new. Whatever the reason you can use that to make your business better. And, grow!

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would make an appointment to see the dentist in person and go from there .

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
i would make an appointment to see the dentist in person and go from there .
Eye to eye is The essence...
All the best!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I worked with this office for over ten years, we talked a lot. I think they were having some other labs coming in putting on some courses or something and at some point they went with that. I never checked why, which is kind of my style because most come back and I try to save face for us both .

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I worked with this office for over ten years, we talked a lot. I think they were having some other labs coming in putting on some courses or something and at some point they went with that. I never checked why, which is kind of my style because most come back and I try to save face for us both .
I hear ya, good stuff and agree!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Today's world has me questioning being who I am, take today, I was in a pet store with my teenage son. There was a big puppy "puddle" in the middle of the floor that was hard to see and I saw one of the store employees about to step right in it, and in my mind I could picture him flying into the air. I said, "watch out for the puddle", quietly and when I thought he didn't hear me , I said it with more force/urgency. Instead of saying "thank you" for the warning, he got mad and told me he had already seen it ;-p I asked my son if I had over stepped by mentioning it, and he said he wouldn't have said anything and let the guy step in the puddle. I said," well that's not who I am", to which he said, "you sounded like a nag and maybe a bit irritating" (ok I asked for an honest opinion). So I'm an irritating nag with a good heart, that sums me up and I guess I have to own it lol.
There must be a moral for the dental world in there somewhere:cool:
They killed Christ too. Said he was a nag if I recall...

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I suppose once in awhile you would get a straight answer as to why they switched, but to me it's kind of like asking your ex why they broke up with you. Sometimes you'll get the, "it isn't you, it's me" answer, and sometimes it's just awkward and you risk them not calling again because of embarrassment. Obviously in this case it was price and the newish lab must have raised theirs. I don't take these things personally, but I do have my pride.
Do any of you get straight answers when you ask a dentist why they quit?

No- no balls

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Its a no brainer. Who cares why they leave as long as they come back.
Your a lab selling services and products. New prices, emailed with your policy packet.
Move on..
The signal is clear, they liked your work enough that they came back.
A sale is an equitable exchange of value.
An individual (you) has something to sell, and a buyer has a certain amount they are willing
to pay for the product and service attached. period
everything else is wasted energy

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Email it, check. That was one of my questions answered, ty.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Dam but TomZ stole my words. My exact feelings. Had a old account that was a hunting/fishing buddy of me and
my old man( lab owner) . When dental industry hit the bottom years back he left for cheaper lab. Got a call this past
year from him with nervous as hell voice asking if I'd do his denture work. After I said " no prob. doc , would love to
do your denture work" he sheepishly says " your work was always the best around" . I could have told him to go
EFFFFF off . That his leaving was a huge financial blow and a blindside of a "friendship" . But I didn't. Now he
sends descent amount of work. No retrys or remakes. smooth setup to finish cases( he does model work and bites)
Send the price list. Worst that can happens is you get back an old account. Plus when you go to the office you all
can laugh at how fat and old you all got!!!!!!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
if you really want to make yourself feel better about things give the account some VIP treatment, a price list with 10% extra on top to say thanks for getting back in touch :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
if you really want to make yourself feel better about things give the account some VIP treatment, a price list with 10% extra on top to say thanks for getting back in touch :)

good one Paul,I see you haven't lost your sense of humour.

10% off the top LaughRofl

image.php

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Its a no brainer. Who cares why they leave as long as they come back.
Your a lab selling services and products. New prices, emailed with your policy packet.
Move on..
The signal is clear, they liked your work enough that they came back.
A sale is an equitable exchange of value.
An individual (you) has something to sell, and a buyer has a certain amount they are willing
to pay for the product and service attached. period
everything else is wasted energy
Saw you in Banff...Good presentation by the way...Sorry I did not have much time to say hello....