What the Frick!?! Minimum Thickness Oddity

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
My brain is fried so there could be an obvious reason and fix for this but there’s no chance I’m going to see it at the moment.
Why is min thickness set correctly but it’s being doubled during design?!?!?!?
9C8E1AC2-7189-42A4-AF65-637DEB110B52.png

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Hi Riley! This option comes up for us when doing emax crowns, min thickness is set to 0.6mm everywhere, and an additional 0.5mm on the occlusal surface. If you want just 0.6 everywhere, just slide the occlusal increment slider to 0. If the extra thickness is being applied somewhere other than the occlusal surface, check that the scan orientation is set correctly. Hope this helps!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hi Riley! This option comes up for us when doing emax crowns, min thickness is set to 0.6mm everywhere, and an additional 0.5mm on the occlusal surface. If you want just 0.6 everywhere, just slide the occlusal increment slider to 0. If the extra thickness is being applied somewhere other than the occlusal surface, check that the scan orientation is set correctly. Hope this helps!
Thanks! I checked the order form in DB and it was normal. We just select the same things when setting up. What would we have done to enable that extra occlusal surface? It just happened with our last batch of cases.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I checked the order form in DB and it was normal. We just select the same things when setting up. What would we have done to enable that extra occlusal surface? It just happened with our last batch of cases.
Exocad said we are going to fk with Riley today ;)
Seriously, the setting got accidentally moved and it saved it is all. Change it and keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom