What non-original Ti-Bases do you use for Straumann, Osstem and Megagen implant systems? Advantages and disadvantages

D

Dentorium

Reaction score
What non-original Ti-Bases do you use for Straumann, Osstem and Megagen implant systems? Advantages and disadvantages

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
medentika bases for Straumann (because its still considered OEM) Banghead
other than that, I am a fan of TRU abutment bases for a ton of reasons... options! non-engaging options, nice bonding surface, quality, height, never had 1 break or de-bond, fast shipping, bills out monthly

A

a3dl

Reaction score
CreoDent ti bases for straight angles ( dif heights 3-6mm heights, eng and non eng)
Dess for all angled

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
medentika bases for Straumann (because its still considered OEM)
But only for Tissue Level... But yes, Medentika is a good option.

I use DESS on a regular basis, too, for temp cylinders, Ti bases etc. They have a huge variety and shipping doesn't cost you an arm and a leg... Open implant on occasions.

But this has become my go to in the last couple years:
I am a fan of TRU abutment

We use TruAbutment
For all the reasons mentioned above.

D

Dentorium

Reaction score
other than that, I am a fan of TRU abutment bases for a ton of reasons... options! non-engaging options, nice bonding surface, quality, height, never had 1 break or de-bond, fast shipping, bills out monthly
Thank You! I checked that TruAbutment doesn't have gingival height

D

Dentorium

Reaction score
Or did You mean CEREC® Ti-Bases? :)

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thank You! I checked that TruAbutment doesn't have gingival height
I can not speak for Andrew, but I meant TruAbutment as in custom designed abutments.

If you look for different gingiva heights, Dess, Open Implant and Medentika offers that. Most OEMs do so too, nowadays. Dess has a limited offering of platforms for the CEREC® Ti-Bases.

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
I use Dynamic Abutments, especially when I want angulated channels.
They have different gingival heights for most supported systems, and many angulated options.

MedicalChimp

MedicalChimp

Reaction score
We use Dess for everything we can, and when a customer choses to go OEM they get to eat that cost difference. Gives us a lower price option. Our partner practice is almost exclusively Dess for Straumann and 3i as well. If only Dess could catch up and start offering the SC Ti-bases for Straumann, we would be using them completely.

Great support - great options - easy to get libraries set up in exocad and 3shape.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I can not speak for Andrew, but I meant TruAbutment as in custom designed abutments.

If you look for different gingiva heights, Dess, Open Implant and Medentika offers that. Most OEMs do so too, nowadays. Dess has a limited offering of platforms for the CEREC® Ti-Bases.
I better chime in here.. TRU is my choice for stability... I do/have done way more Custom Abutment hybrids than Ti-base for sure...
I have seen many failures while managing a high production labs implant Dept. 15-25 implant cases a day, designing well over 6k custom abutments. I don't "trust" tibases in most applications, but there are times when a base is the best option.
I don't use Dess anything. I may in the future, but im in no hurry to change, with the options that have been the best for me since day 1. also, no Cerec experience here.

the bottom line for me, the price difference with going custom doesn't warrant "not" going custom. I've always gone with that, so I'll stick to it

A

a3dl

Reaction score
I better chime in here.. TRU is my choice for stability... I do/have done way more Custom Abutment hybrids than Ti-base for sure...
I have seen many failures while managing a high production labs implant Dept. 15-25 implant cases a day, designing well over 6k custom abutments. I don't "trust" tibases in most applications, but there are times when a base is the best option.
I don't use Dess anything. I may in the future, but im in no hurry to change, with the options that have been the best for me since day 1. also, no Cerec experience here.

the bottom line for me, the price difference with going custom doesn't warrant "not" going custom. I've always gone with that, so I'll stick to it
What do you do for angled screw channel on anterior screw retained cases?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score

I totally agree on ti bases. My "default" is Atlantis custom base. When I do use a ti base(like DESS),I don't charge less for them. There are so many other costs involved in fabricating implant restorations: labor and knowledge of a skilled and experienced implant tech, fees associated with design software, the extra time it takes to design bridges and crowns on ti bases.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
What do you do for angled screw channel on anterior screw retained cases?
it depends on the system type, but I've used Panthera drivers for years. Panthera uses the manufacturers screw (thread here somewhere) TRU does angled for most systems, even angled/non engaging... little Panthere Straumann SC IMG_1464.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom