What kind of zirconia do you use most? Why?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Zirkonzahn prettau2 dispersive for me 1100mpa margin to incisal ,transition translucency is really good if you want to do custom staining its great on top of built in colour .i can match it to veneers easily and do full arches in it . In fact 1100mpa is the weakeast it gets ,as thats the strength of b4 a4 shades it actually gets up to 1300mpa for a1 b1 shades i always quote the lowest number to my clients.
Im ignorant and lazy. Where do we order that? Your word is good enough for me. Ill try it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
with great power comes great responsibility user name if you are in the states Zirkonzahn California office i find both offices good but i have been dealing with the California one longer because of timezones they will also give you times and temps etc.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Ive seen alot posted on here about Beyond, Beyond-Plus. Would like to try but can I use changs liquids? , dip or Paint? any
first hand feedback would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
No way! It is imposible to shade match D2. We have tried for decades! Are you saying it is finally possible???
My Beyond Plus D2 Shading Recipe:
1. Incisal Enhancer 1.5 from CEJ to Incisal edge
2. IE 1.5 from Incisal 1/2 to Incisal edge
3. IE 1.5 Incisal 1/3 to incisal edge
4. Two coats IE 1.5 occlusal surface
5. Dip in D2 for 1min
6. Dry for 5 min
7. 3 coats of D2 cervical stain (a mix of 5M1, brown, violet, and pink) to the interproximal, cervical and center fossa or lingual
8. Purple effect liquid Incisal 1/3 and incline planes
9. Blue #2 halo and marginal ridges
10. A very thin line of white#1 on incisal edge

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Multilayered pre-shaded Prime lately because I'm too lazy to dip/paint and Ivoclar lowered the price significantly enough to make it profitable.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Multilayered pre-shaded Prime lately because I'm too lazy to dip/paint and Ivoclar lowered the price significantly enough to make it profitable.
Really? Nice, I'll have to check their prices again. Its been a few months since I've ordered some.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
My Beyond Plus D2 Shading Recipe:
1. Incisal Enhancer 1.5 from CEJ to Incisal edge
2. IE 1.5 from Incisal 1/2 to Incisal edge
3. IE 1.5 Incisal 1/3 to incisal edge
4. Two coats IE 1.5 occlusal surface
5. Dip in D2 for 1min
6. Dry for 5 min
7. 3 coats of D2 cervical stain (a mix of 5M1, brown, violet, and pink) to the interproximal, cervical and center fossa or lingual
8. Purple effect liquid Incisal 1/3 and incline planes
9. Blue #2 halo and marginal ridges
10. A very thin line of white#1 on incisal edge
Wow, you really put a lot of thought in it!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We just switched over to this Zirconia in the last couple of weeks. It's works for everything which helps to keep our puck stock more streamlined. It's also nice because if a doctor wants "bruzir" zirconia, you just lower the crown in the puck. We have a PM7 and the CAM software that comes with the mill allows you to precisely nest the restorations in the pucks so you have exact control over how much transluceny/strength each restoration has.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
With Prime, I guess I would be just a bit concerned with bigger bridge cases, where the connectors could fluctuate in and out of the stronger zirconia zone, possibly being in the 1000 to 800mpa zone?

zprime.jpg

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I use the XT from Jensen, I know its made in Europe not far from Ivoclar zirconia, probably all in Liechtenstein

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
With Prime, I guess I would be just a bit concerned with bigger bridge cases, where the connectors could fluctuate in and out of the stronger zirconia zone, possibly being in the 1000 to 800mpa zone?

View attachment 37975
This is definitely something we take into account. We only use the 20mm pucks so we have more room to ensure the connectors remain strong. The CAM software allows us to ensure we are keeping the connectors in the 1200 MPa zone.