What kind of mill do you own? and what's the lifespan?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ZZm5 10-11 years still goes great normal service stuff.ZZ M4 2-3 yeas little less relaible but is milling many ti bars works a lot harder still very happy. ZZ hand mill 14years still works fine but i never want to use it again my eyes arent that good.

I

illumi

Reaction score
Its too bad the Wieland Select seems to be full of issues. We originally bought a Wieland 4030 and then a DWX50. The Wieland ran light to medium duty for almost 10 years with just the usual tune-ups until then, finally, a chattery spindle came to haunt us. We used to use the DWX on the softer materials and the Wieland on the Zirconia. The Jaeger spindle just seemed to do better on the zirc.

The nice thing was the CAM was paid for life and the CNC interpreter so it became a fun hobby machine. Added lollipops, 0.3mm bur, extra long model milling burs, ect. Took a tour of a milling center in Germany when Wieland was still selling them and they had 3 running full time for years with no issues. IMES in Germany still offers support to this day! Unfortunately, I have heard a lot of complaints about the Weiland select that came after. The mini seems ok.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
vhf K4 for 5 years. no problems
vhf K5 2,5 years perfect
vhf S1 wet and dry 1 year bought used new spindle.

All run with Cam 7 and DS- Cam
They all are workhorses if you keep them clean

technician

technician

Reaction score
Hi! Did you ever have to replace the spindle and spindle motor? I've had my DWX50 for 5 years now, so I was just wondering if it's time to start thinking about buying a new one. Any advice?
Yes, its time! You should replace it every 2500 hours. I did mine after 3000 hours. It's only the spindle you have to replace because it is belt driven so the motor is separate.

Last edited:
Q

qbawy

Reaction score
Yes , Ceramill Dna Motion 2 . Spindle broke after 640 hous !!!! Bought this machine 1, 5 year ago !!! Milling just Zirconia and PMMA, no titanium no sintron . Very dissapointed , now facing the bill for new spindle and repair as the machine is out of warranty .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The new ceramills arent as robust as the first generation..

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
Yes, its time! You should replace it every 2500 hours. I did mine after 3000 hours. It's only the spindle you have to replace because it is belt driven so the motor is separate.
Thanks for the advice!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do you run them all from the same software?
Yes, Wieland DS Cam. Here is our setup. The mini in the middle is the cam then cnc on the other two along with the mini. I shared the cnc transfer folder on each of the mills on the side and if you look closely on the middle screen you see 3 windows on the bottom of the screen, I cam and have the cnc on the mini convert the proprietary Work NC file to the working NC files. Then I cut and paste the folders to the needed cnc folder. I also have a second seat on the Cam for the select so I can do both mini and select off one cam. Just need to select the machine type before setting up the units in the disk. Been rocking this setup for almost 2 years flawlessly!

Then the hybrid select has its own separate setup only for it, cuts mainly wet, then dry when needed.

Also the sweet part is I run a software called synergy, cost me 20.00 and acts as a virtual KVM switch. That's why you only see one keyboard and mouse. Mini pc is the server and the other two are clients and the mouse moves across the pc's as a dual or triple monitor setup, then once on the other pc screen the keyboard come active on the pc. Slickest 20.00 I ever spent!!! LOL

20180426_105410.jpg 20180426_105513.jpg

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Yes, Wieland DS Cam. Here is our setup. The mini in the middle is the cam then cnc on the other two along with the mini. I shared the cnc transfer folder on each of the mills on the side and if you look closely on the middle screen you see 3 windows on the bottom of the screen, I cam and have the cnc on the mini convert the proprietary Work NC file to the working NC files. Then I cut and paste the folders to the needed cnc folder. I also have a second seat on the Cam for the select so I can do both mini and select off one cam. Just need to select the machine type before setting up the units in the disk. Been rocking this setup for almost 2 years flawlessly!

Then the hybrid select has its own separate setup only for it, cuts mainly wet, then dry when needed.

Also the sweet part is I run a software called synergy, cost me 20.00 and acts as a virtual KVM switch. That's why you only see one keyboard and mouse. Mini pc is the server and the other two are clients and the mouse moves across the pc's as a dual or triple monitor setup, then once on the other pc screen the keyboard come active on the pc. Slickest 20.00 I ever spent!!! LOL

View attachment 31881 View attachment 31882
Thanks, that's pretty sweet! I have a mini and select together but whenever I've talked to VHF they tell me Wieland CAM won't work. The select ran flawless for a year then down twice last year where Ivoclar had to come and repair. So because of that have been considering adding another mill but I don't want to have to stock discs for each mill.

user name

user name

Reaction score
VHF M200's from Jensen. Running hard and no issues since 2012. Replaced a short wire and some touch plates.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Great! I see that you're passionate about implants and you've even worked on a project for All on 4 implant reconstruction. I'd like to hear about what you do now and what your opinion is about Crystal Ultra. Whether that's on there, or offline. my email is [email protected]
I would also like to know as well(if possible). My email is [email protected]

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

View attachment 31881 View attachment 31882
Hi again Sevan, what's the Cyclone in bottom left on 2nd pic, not familiar to me? Thanks and have a Great time in Chicago, we decided to pass this year, gov't shutdown stuff wore us out being from Canada and all...
Next year hopefully for certain!!! Still owe you the best steak in Chicago along with Jason F, you can mark your calendar on this one!!!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi again Sevan, what's the Cyclone in bottom left on 2nd pic, not familiar to me? Thanks and have a Great time in Chicago, we decided to pass this year, gov't shutdown stuff wore us out being from Canada and all...
Next year hopefully for certain!!! Still owe you the best steak in Chicago along with Jason F, you can mark your calendar on this one!!!

Thanks. Tha's because it is a Quadro I-vac and not a cyclone. lol!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks, that's pretty sweet! I have a mini and select together but whenever I've talked to VHF they tell me Wieland CAM won't work. The select ran flawless for a year then down twice last year where Ivoclar had to come and repair. So because of that have been considering adding another mill but I don't want to have to stock discs for each mill.

If you you don't have a Wieland dongle for the cnc then you can not use the output files from Wieland cam to vhf, but if you have a mini complete with everything Wieland then once the cnc file is converted it works in the vhf cnc. They both run the same CNC software, except Wieland converts the output file from their proprietary file to a working NC file that VHF can read.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
If you you don't have a Wieland dongle for the cnc then you can not use the output files from Wieland cam to vhf, but if you have a mini complete with everything Wieland then once the cnc file is converted it works in the vhf cnc. They both run the same CNC software, except Wieland converts the output file from their proprietary file to a working NC file that VHF can read.
I had Wieland basic on my mini. I have advanced on the select. I bought a second seat for the advanced dongle and hooked up the select advanced to send to the mini. So I guess I'd just need another seat on the advanced dongle. Do the new K5 work with this as well?

Mental Technician

Mental Technician

Reaction score
Good day all!
Middle-size lab looking to buy the Amman Girrbach Ceramill Motion2.
Anyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi guys not been on in a long time..... Still using my trusty KaVo Everest mill with Cam2 (we have three now) It has to be over twelve years old now and we haven't replaced the spindle in the last 10 years, she could do with a service as its slightly out on the Y axis but its such a slow job to do Lol. Still a great work horse that does any material you throw at it so no interest in changing it any time soon.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi guys not been on in a long time..... Still using my trusty KaVo Everest mill with Cam2 (we have three now) It has to be over twelve years old now and we haven't replaced the spindle in the last 10 years, she could do with a service as its slightly out on the Y axis but its such a slow job to do Lol. Still a great work horse that does any material you throw at it so no interest in changing it any time soon.
Glad to see you here. We thought you were incarcerated.

M

mfonro

Reaction score
I have the machine for 2 1/2 years, basically it fails almost every 8 months. I only use it 6 hours a week for a dental office, After the year warranty they charge you 3000 for transportation of the technician if you have extended warranty. The first time I paid 2000 because it fail soo much that they gave me a dIscount, now again the same problem. Their answer was, we repair that problem 1 year and 2 months ago, you have to pay 3200 to repair that again.
This machine does not have even 600 hours of use.

Top Bottom