What Is this Implant Platform

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Do you know what implant platform this is for?

Impression pickup locator picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0094 (1).jpg
    IMAG0094 (1).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 62
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I love Ankylos, especially on molars when the top of the implant is at or near tissue level.....
I mentioned to one of my accounts my opinion of Ankylos for restoring posteriors. She then ratted me out to the Dentsply rep who then dropped by the lab to have a chat with me and get my mind right. :D

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of ankylos (been a bit since I've done any) because at the time no custom abutments allowed (I'm sure this has changed, at least I hope so) were able to be made from them and the stock abutments sucked donkey b@#$ to get the right emergence profile achieved with this tissue.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
I love Ankylos, especially on molars when the top of the implant is at or near tissue level.....
I mentioned to one of my accounts my opinion of Ankylos for restoring posteriors. She then ratted me out to the Dentsply rep who then dropped by the lab to have a chat with me and get my mind right. :D
How do you determine the implant diameter from the impression transfer screw, the one that looks like a spinning top?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of ankylos (been a bit since I've done any) because at the time no custom abutments allowed (I'm sure this has changed, at least I hope so) were able to be made from them and the stock abutments sucked donkey b@#$ to get the right emergence profile achieved with this tissue.
Custom abutments are available from Atlantis, Dentsply owns both.
They have a pretty limited selection of stock abutments and there is no UCLA type option.

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How do you determine the implant diameter from the impression transfer screw, the one that looks like a spinning top?
All the Ankylos cases I’ve received had the same diameter implant, generally too f’n small.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think that transfer is for a non indexed C abutment?
So you would need to supply a transfer.