What is the way to unite the color of multiple restorations?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
Let's say we have a zirconia bridge, e-max veneer and pfm , all together in one case .. what is your advice to unite the color?

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Change the emax veneer into a traditional porcelain veneer and work in same ceramic system with the zirconia and PFM
We use GC initial z and mc
Still may require some staining but you should be in the ballpark as far as them matching

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi
Let's say we have a zirconia bridge, e-max veneer and pfm , all together in one case .. what is your advice to unite the color?
Well, been there done that. And it is not what I look for in a case... As suggested, above, you may want to talk to the Doc and ask for simplification. For example, use only e.max and Zr. In that case, and more so if you facial layer (same ceramic powder - ie same look) in the anterior segment, you should be able to get a unified appearance. Also, try to keep the 'pairs' (7 and 10, 8 and 9, etc) in the same material. Canines are usually more forgiving. As soon as you get to the posterior segments, it gets easier... If the client insists, and you use Ivoclar's Metal Ceramic powders, it should be possible to get a 'match' with the all ceramic crowns. Especially in the posterior segment.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Al put one up a few years ago where he challenged himself to produce the most similar outcome possible with PFM, PFZ, and Emax. I can't mangae to get the search just right to find it. May you'll have better luck and more time than I do at the moment.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Al put one up a few years ago where he challenged himself to produce the most similar outcome possible with PFM, PFZ, and Emax. I can't mangae to get the search just right to find it. May you'll have better luck and more time than I do at the moment.
I agree! send the case to Al.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That case I posted is one of the tougher ones I've done in awhile and I've had some challenges.. but my advice would be to get the value right first, keep the shade light with little to no chroma, and stain to match. Using GC porcelain on both helps.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dr wanted to do 4 unit emax bridge with cuspid and lateral pontics... o_O

Top Bottom