What is the most popular Scanner now adays

A

Alvin

Reaction score
Hi i have been using Scanner for Lab since 15 years ago, and we got Cerec, Imetric, 3shape, and also some intra oral scanner.
And want to look for new scanner, nowadays so many scanner in the market.

Was wondering what is the most popular and long lasting proven scanner in the market now adays?

Thank you

Best Regards

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We just got the E3 scanner from 3Shape. Not sure how good it will be long term, but it is a really great scanner.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Have a look at Medit T500, seriously, to have tried many many scanner they are by far among the top3 for sure.
The big question between Medit and 3shape is really the software you use, if you are pro 3shape or pro exocad.

B

bobita

Reaction score
I prefer to use Exocad as a design software, is the E3 compatible with exocad also ?
We have an E3 for about a year and use it with both 3shape and exo with great results for all kind of work, including implants..Just make sure you have the stl export activated, just in case exo gives you an error, usually it imports dcm without any problem.We also have DOF HD , works great to, but I preffer E3, especially if you have the articluator plate for transferring the oclusion.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
so far, I've gone through sirona red, blue, etkon, straumann cs2, nobel 2g, two medit identica, 3shape d850 and DOF. DOF is the best of the bunch, and it's not close. highly recommended.

N

NDA

Reaction score
I prefer to use Exocad as a design software, is the E3 compatible with exocad also ?
Yes! We bought our 3Shape E3 a year ago. Excellent scanner but Exocad superior to 3Shape design.

N

NDA

Reaction score
For those who own 3Shape E3... I'm curious about the cost of your annual license renewal?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I have a couple of Medit Identica models (hybrid & 300). On the whole they are great scanners but I had a problem with one and it took three months for them to fix it including having it shipped out twice ,once to Korea ,,,,,,,something to think about .

N

NDA

Reaction score
so far, I've gone through sirona red, blue, etkon, straumann cs2, nobel 2g, two medit identica, 3shape d850 and DOF. DOF is the best of the bunch, and it's not close. highly recommended.
Which DOF scanner do you have? Have you seen the comments on DLN (Dental Lab Network) about problems with recent software update?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Medit Identica models (hybrid & 300). On the whole they are great scanners but I had a problem with one and it took three months for them to fix it including having it shipped out twice ,once to Korea ,,,,,,,something to think about .
I was told they have a Medit repair facility (in Cali i believe) that fixes any hardware issues???

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Which DOF scanner do you have? Have you seen the comments on DLN (Dental Lab Network) about problems with recent software update?
Seems like the new update they did really has the software messed up...seen many comments on here and on Facebook about the DOF over this. Alignment issues.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I was told they have a Medit repair facility (in Cali i believe) that fixes any hardware issues???
Yes there is ,I think mine must have been one of the first to go to them but it came back in the same condition it went to them, broken. (they did send me a loaner though ,but alas they couldn't get that working either :( )

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yes there is ,I think mine must have been one of the first to go to them but it came back in the same condition it went to them, broken. (they did send me a loaner though ,but alas they couldn't get that working either :( )
Crazy, I had some of the old Medit SE scanners, they didn't last long but we didn't pay much so I didn't really care because it was what we learned on. I hear fabulous things about the T-500 especially for impression scanning and accuracy. We also purchased the i-500, intra oral and although it's not a desktop it's been great addition.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Crazy, I had some of the old Medit SE scanners, they didn't last long but we didn't pay much so I didn't really care because it was what we learned on. I hear fabulous things about the T-500 especially for impression scanning and accuracy. We also purchased the i-500, intra oral and although it's not a desktop it's been great addition.
Who needs a desktop anymore?

L

labtek

Reaction score
how well or accurate does the ios i500 work on impressions? Not the desktop t500 but the hand held i500, is it as accurate at scanning a triple tray impression?

L

labtek

Reaction score
how well or accurate does the ios i500 work on impressions? Not the desktop t500 but the hand held i500, is it as accurate at scanning a triple tray impression?

Top Bottom