What is the most popular Scanner now adays

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
how well or accurate does the ios i500 work on impressions? Not the desktop t500 but the hand held i500, is it as accurate at scanning a triple tray impression?
Dpn't know about tripple tray, but it scans a denture inside and out with ease.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
how well or accurate does the ios i500 work on impressions? Not the desktop t500 but the hand held i500, is it as accurate at scanning a triple tray impression?
Haven't even tried scanning a impression with the i500 to be honest. Want me to do a video and post it up this week? As JMN said, it does dentures and mouths just fine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So why would anyone buy an IOS to scan a PVS?
Are you guys smoking the drapes again?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Carol Burnett show rides again, funny she didn't sound canabian. Canadian, I mean Canadian.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Haven't even tried scanning a impression with the i500 to be honest. Want me to do a video and post it up this week? As JMN said, it does dentures and mouths just fine.
yes please

L

labtek

Reaction score
It not a matter of smoking anything... THe reason would be if a lab owned a ios scanner and loaned it out as a demo unit, could it also be used in the lab to scan impressions accurately?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It not a matter of smoking anything... THe reason would be if a lab owned a ios scanner and loaned it out as a demo unit, could it also be used in the lab to scan impressions accurately?
I own 2 Trios and have been chairside scanning for over 5 years now. I see no point in scanning a PVS.
Scan a solid model instead if you have to . Since you are loaning out your scanner, where would you see the need to be even in the same room as a PVS?

L

labtek

Reaction score
I own 2 Trios and have been chairside scanning for over 5 years now. I see no point in scanning a PVS.
Scan a solid model instead if you have to . Since you are loaning out your scanner, where would you see the need to be even in the same room as a PVS?
90% of the cases i get are PVS, so the reason for my question is to determine how accurate the i500 ios was in scanning a pvs impression. I would like to try and scan single unit pvs cases with an ios and fabricate the cases without a model. I have a desktop 3shape, D800 that does not scan impressions very well. Do the newer ios scan impressions more accurately than an older 3shape desk top?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I understand but since I have introduced my clients to the Trios, 90% of my cases are now IOS scans.
I have an old D700 that will be my last lab scanner. The point is to eliminate the pvs altogether.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
By the way, purchasing an IOS is a brilliant idea ;)

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I understand Rkm's point.
Why scan something that could be inaccurate? Why not just scan the mouth.

Scanning impressions is just a stop gap until the scanning technology is more widely accepted.

But I have seen my fair share bad scans. It's not an easy thing to do and the learning curve is not for everyone.

Hell, taking an impression can be quite the feat at times.

N

NDA

Reaction score
We have an E3 for about a year and use it with both 3shape and exo with great results for all kind of work, including implants..Just make sure you have the stl export activated, just in case exo gives you an error, usually it imports dcm without any problem.We also have DOF HD , works great to, but I preffer E3, especially if you have the articluator plate for transferring the oclusion.
We've had our 3Shape E3 for a year, too. Our CDT is trying to use 3Shape Design program more... he generally prefers the ZZ Exocad software that's on another computer. However, we have a 3Shape dongle on a computer that is used exclusively for 3Shape designing & scanning. Often our CDT would like to design while the computer is occupied by tech who's scanning. We were told by an acquaintance that he was able to design (w/ his 3Shape software) on a 2nd computer (without additional dongle or fee) & transfer his design to his 'dongled' 3Shape computer. Does anyone else have this set-up?

Top Bottom