What is the most aesthetic, closest to natural dentition zirconia out there?

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
brand loyalties aside, this question is to actual users and not people associated with manufacturers, but in your expert opinions, what are the most aesthetic zirconia brands out there, that have the closest match to natural dention optical properties and do you know if there are any manufacturers that are working on integrating fluorescence and opalescent with directly into their pucks? Forgot to mention monolithic...

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The best zirconia in the hands of someone that has never used it is the same as the cheapest stuff on the market.

An experienced ceramist can make any zirconia that is properly sintered look good, what makes some zinc stand out in my opinion has more to do with contour surface texture and proper pre sinter colorizing. This is the real skill set is.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
some work better than others in different hands unfortunately you will have to work it out yourself. it just takes a couple of years, you will be fine.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Layered or Monothythic?

We use the Argen Z Anterior and is pretty amazing stuff, looks so good in the mouth and all our clients who use love it.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Like these guys have already said, its the experience with the material that counts. I bet they could all look good, but they would all be manipulated a bit differently. Sticks neck out...

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
For full contour restorations

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't explain myself.

Here it is in a nut shell if you are buying anything that needs to have a colorant put on it prior to sintering it will take time to learn how to produce it to make it look good. NO ONE can just mill a random disk slap some acid on it and know what its going to look like with out EXPERIMENTING with it.

The colored disks and multi layered disks are appealing to many as they already have a real nice sweet-spot built into the material with out having to fuss much with it.

MY biggest frustration is not having the time to try and dial in many of the new items that get pushed my way. I get asked to beta test or give my thoughts on MANY different brands of zirconia and lately I have been having to say no.

I just can't give good feedback on a product with out doing 30 or so units with it to really know the product. It takes a tremendous amount of tweaking on some varieties but once you have the formula its super easy to repeat with the quality materials that are now in the market place.

MY go to Zirconia is Zenostar. I know it, I have very good results with it from singles to full arch implant restorations.

It has taken me more than 9 months now to totally Dial in the HT 2nd gen disks. After all my hard work I now officially have the MT restorations on my price list at a 20% increase over standard Zeno.

I am excited to see where my sales will go to if I get more clients sticking with the Original version of the material or the new more translucent variety.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
^THIS
I use Zenostar also and i am still dialing a few shades as i don't do many of some shades. I have been given about 4 other zr discs to try but have not even tried one unit so far, (except cube X2 which i either didn't like, or its too different to what i am used to.) as its very time consuming for me at the moment.
2 months of the prosthetic course left :). 4 young kids... i am sure most of you guys are the same in some way.
Looking forward to the future with denture making and milling operations. The future looks fun in my eyes.

What stains are you using for the new MT john? i tried the water ZZ which i normally use but it seamed 'weak'.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I have used Noritake molti layered zirconia disks. In my vew, the results are amazing.
If I still had my milling machine, that is what I would use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have been using Jensen's XT for sometimes now, my clients are pleased with it. As mentioned before a ceramist experience has to do with best looking zirconia. The final touches when staining and glazing make the difference , especially if you know your color wheel.

C

charles007

Reaction score
After trying a lot of the more popular zirconia's over the past 5 years I found Jensens XT and Imagine to be the most dependable in shading
and translucency than anything else I've used. Zenostar and Dental Direkt BioZ run a close second place to XT with labs using good coloring techniques.
There is a new zirconia 600 type I thought look nicer than anything I've yet to see but the shading was not consistent and its harder to color. It rivals Emax MT
and would probably fool really good techs into thinking its Emax in their hands.
Very interested in trying the new Zenostar MT. If anyone is getting good shades with MT, please shoot me a PM, even if you don't want to mill for me off my stl's

As John said using different words, getting great shading and translucency is depended on the labs devotion to learn how to color correctly. Anyone with a mill
can color, but few labs are willing to learn how to color correctly within their own production quota's.............. Unfortunately the all mighty shrinking lab prices rules labs
to poor shading.
If pfms were banned today, most labs would be forced to spend the extra time to learn how to improve shades using zirconia. Maybe that Fools-Gold to think that. lol

Top Bottom