WHat in the world is this?

shamalam

shamalam

Reaction score
Forum Fam, I need help! Came in this morning to see that my little batch of sintered zirconia crowns came out super dark. I have no earthly idea what could be wrong. Havent changed anything in three years Ive been doing these. Oven issue? And by the way, I had this issue yesterday too. Except only three out of 15 came out this way.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 77
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try to sinter a piece of known zr ( which worked previously) and see what happens... if it comes out dark, then is your furnace.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone in the lab that doesnt like you? Looks like contaminated liquid. Thats a really dark shade for contamination, especially if it just happened overnight.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Also look into getting some Nacera powder, sprinkle it on the sintering beads and run some zirconia with it. Will help pull contaminants off the heating elements. If it persists you might have one heating element going bad that’s causing a cold spot

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Forum Fam, I need help! Came in this morning to see that my little batch of sintered zirconia crowns came out super dark. I have no earthly idea what could be wrong. Havent changed anything in three years Ive been doing these. Oven issue? And by the way, I had this issue yesterday too. Except only three out of 15 came out this way.
Any suggestions?
If it was fine, totally fine, for the cycle just before that, either something went wrong with the cycle (element died, wrong program, programs changed by electrical storm/practical joker twerp/power reset lost something on the machine),something happened to the color agents, or something is wrong with the power to the machine.

did you find another unsintered piece to run a cycle ?

B

Bridge The Gap

Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Did you find out why this happened?

Top Bottom