What does everybody use

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Diamond D for press packed , Ivobase for injection, Naturcryl MC for relines, and Probase cold for repairs.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
crossbite or else it will be a broken special later on.

It is really close though, weren't many options.

Dont'cha just wish a company would come out with a new tooth we NEED? We need a BIIIIG tooth. Lingual-labially big. Not yet another knockoff of somebody else's patent gone expired. It's a real world. Anterior symmetry is awesome and not waxed as to create food traps along cervicals.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Dont'cha just wish a company would come out with a new tooth we NEED? We need a BIIIIG tooth. Lingual-labially big. Not yet another knockoff of somebody else's patent gone expired. It's a real world. Anterior symmetry is awesome and not waxed as to create food traps along cervicals.

I manage, lol :) I've been know to use a larger lower posterior for upper if crossbite is severe (if you turn the card upside down Labguy the mesial/distal matches up :)

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Lucitone is a well established(read as: old) brand presence that many people in my area use as a generic term. That's about the only nice thing I have to say about it.

Diamond D:
polishes faster with sharper detail and 'higher shine'
Cures harder
packs easier
has better working properties during mix and pack stages
It has enough time to roll it out and get all the veining lined up for more natural look, doesn't stick to the separation sheet nearly as bad during trial pack
Finishes easier
smells up the lab less

I tried Diamond D original when it first came out, they sent me a sample in fact. I didn't like the shade, it was closer to an ethnic than a 199 pink and is why I abandoned it. Have they corrected the shading because I'd like to give it another try?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I tried Diamond D original when it first came out, they sent me a sample in fact. I didn't like the shade, it was closer to an ethnic than a 199 pink and is why I abandoned it. Have they corrected the shading because I'd like to give it another try?
You may be wanting what they call chroma essence. I'll upload a pic of the shade tabs later.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Denture and Tooth shade pic.jpg Denture and Tooth shade pic Annotated.jpg
Left dot is Uhler's meharry, right dot is Perm pink veined.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. The chroma essence appears a little "orange" and the original looks a little more pink than I remember. The dark veined looks very similar to what I'm using now for meharry.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. The chroma essence appears a little "orange" and the original looks a little more pink than I remember. The dark veined looks very similar to what I'm using now for meharry.
Certainly.

The chroma is orangish, but I know labs using it as their default since it starts with being about on the line where L199 ends up and patients are more accustomed to that mis-coloration.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Hi guys I use Diamond D for injection in a heraeus palajet, I now wish to pack my dentures, anyone mastered the minimal shrinkage for diamond D?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
What's everybody using for acrylics for processing, repairs, relines and flippers. Pack processing dentures, using reline jig for my relines.
I have been using GC microwave for 20years. Beautiful, more price than any other ones but you save a lot of time in processing and at the end monomer free. From start to finish a denture in 2 hours. No bulky boil out or burners or curing units, just a medium size microwave.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Hi guys I use Diamond D for injection in a heraeus palajet, I now wish to pack my dentures, anyone mastered the minimal shrinkage for diamond D?
At first I thought the monomer powder ratios were incorrect and resulted in a dry pack but when I tried it for a while realized that my shrinkage was due to too wet a pack. Tom Zaleski has a video on packing Diamond D I think...use the correct ratios and you should not have any problems....Goes without saying for stone too..Correct water powder ratios will produce great results.

Top Bottom