What Dental mill is considered best or capable,or what lab is using one mill for everything

C

charles007

Reaction score
Never ever be the Beta buyer of anything expensive for your lab. I learned my lesson the hard way and didn't listen to John Wilson years ago, remember Delcam scanner which was great and betabetabeta Cad software that no longer exists. Play it safe with VersaMill, Ivoclar mill, or Zubler. I would suggest looking at the VersaMill 5X450 to mill zir, LD and titanium abutments or lower priced 5X-400 if milling less tit abutments. Take John and others advice and farm out the bars.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
might want to talk to riley first sda
Caught that, go figure. Appreciated Riley's experience, shows what marketing can achieve for sure. Now back to "Re-calculating" 🤔🙂

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
because its a ridiculous fantasy land idea as you well know by now.

one mill to do all that and be cheap - isn't going to be good.

if it was me i'd buy a wet mill for wet stuff and a dry mill for dry stuff and not mix them. because the big jobs take a long time to do, so you don't want to fill it up with small jobs or have a backlog.

when you split it up like that, theres a lot that can satisfy those criteria. a lot of cheap stuff.
Never mentioned cheap 🌝

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Please take a look at our Versamill 5X400 (priced under $40K) and Versamill 5X450 (priced under $60K). Both include: machine, CAM, training, starter tooling, etc.) - I really like the 5X450!

Both are wet machines and yes, for zirconia as well.

Our 5X300D is a dry mill that sells for under $30K with training, starter tooling, CAM and vacuum.

We do have a very popular leasing program that we call our Step-Up Financing Program. This program sets payments starting at $99/month for the first 6 months then gradually increases the payment over the year.

This pretty much outlines the program and machines: https://www.axsysdental.com/StepUp.html

Thanks
Steve

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Steve sorry a bit disturbing 5 X 500 L in which price region ??

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey cadfan
$86,500 in USA and Canada
Best
Steve

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ive just been sitting in on a webinar for the latest zirkonzahn m2 mill if you want to mill it all and mill in 95mm 98m 120mm blanks you can and it not as expensive as the pm7. it can be twin chamber for wet and dry milling at the same time. i think anyone who is looking for a mill should check this one out and you get great service and training around the world. all the way thru covid they have been training and running webinars ,not once have we had to wait for parts or materials or service if we had an issue with our machine i think that is a great effort considering they are in italy .

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
For under $70,000 the R5 is a beast
R5
1606955561193.png

K

kevinparkforu

Reaction score
Well yes Atlantis use 1 million dollars mill to do their abutment at their quality.
Second, milling abutment is really a bad idea if you don't use a proper machine but heh if you want to deliver bad solutions and product to your doc, your choice!

Milling ZIRCONIA is another questions, a nice small machine can do a lots in zirconia since precision is not a requirement with Zirconia, you will always use a TI base on implant or cement between your final crown and your abutment or bridge.

Milling TITANIUM is an ART and trust me, few know how to master it, many try and believe tho! You can go in school and take a 3 to 5 years class in college to learn how to run a 5 axis CNC and you believe that a dental tech lab could learn that on a forum on internet? No you can't, same as learning dental technique on internet, you can't, you have to take class and even the top tier dental tech in the industry continue to take class to stay on top

Not different in milling world!

I still think that a lab should get a nice Zirconia mill and outsource the titanium and Co-Cr to industrial manufacturer.

Oh and we didn't even discuss about spindle that break! $$$$$$ even on a low cost machine, sometime it cheaper to get a new mill than replacing the spindle!

So to answer the OP question, a nice Roland is really an awesome choice to start, easy to get a 2nd in case your machine have a problem and not stop your production.

My 2 cents :)
It has been a little while ago comment, but I have to ask... so what mill does Panthera use?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It has been a little while ago comment, but I have to ask... so what mill does Panthera use?
I've seen some custom painted Roeders in some of their promo materials a while back...

Top Bottom