What could cause this?

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
Over the past several days, we've been having trouble with some zirconia. 51d mill, beyond plus zir, TD's burs, CAP strats. Normally, things like this are caused by an old bur, specifically the 1mm, but it only has about 20 hours. Freshly calibrated, relatively fresh burs, still having an abnormal amount of milling problems. Any ideas?
e5437b2cd64a8dc1bd0a40fe3422dbe4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Post a screenshot of the nesting...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Over the past several days, we've been having trouble with some zirconia. 51d mill, beyond plus zir, TD's burs, CAP strats. Normally, things like this are caused by an old bur, specifically the 1mm, but it only has about 20 hours. Freshly calibrated, relatively fresh burs, still having an abnormal amount of milling problems. Any ideas?
e5437b2cd64a8dc1bd0a40fe3422dbe4.jpg

Is this puck from the same lot as the pucks with which you were having no problems?

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
Multiple lot numbers were having problems. Screenshots below, with arrows marking today's problem units so far.

2017-03-10 (1).png 2017-03-10.png

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
I haven't seen that kind of sheering (looks like sheering anyway) off anywhere other than near the margins before. That was do to a burr in which the cutting edge got bent from dropping. there was also extra chipping/sheering around holes on the puck. anything like that on the pucks used?

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
I've yet to drop a bur. I'm the only one who has handled them. I swapped the 1mm bur a few moments ago, hoping that's all the problem.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try with a new set of burs, see what's happening...

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
I'm remilling a few with a new 1mm bur since that seemed to be when everything changed.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't connect objects? I overlap as much as I can, like a snake. But I don't see an advantage to linking objects.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't connect objects? I overlap as much as I can, like a snake. But I don't see an advantage to linking objects.
I do exactly the same as you . I just don't like the idea of connecting . The bars seem kinda small to be holding multiple units . If something fails I don't want the whole lot coming down too . :) d08e370570f4f20677fefe4d0d7c5879_dominoes-falling-clipart-falling-domino-clipart_800-600.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Same here, not connecting.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
no connecting here. but i nest much different than you have shown, @TaylorP
if youd like to see how to fit more units in a puck ill shoot you a pic.

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
Sounds good, Bob, thanks. I think the 2mm bur wore put much quicker than normal, and it caused the problems, btw. I replaced it, and we'll see next week, but I believe that it fixed the problem.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
no connecting here. but i nest much different than you have shown, @TaylorP
if youd like to see how to fit more units in a puck ill shoot you a pic.

Bob, if you're not thinking of posting it in the thread, could you PM me a photo too, please. I'd appreciate it :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Bob, if you're not thinking of posting it in the thread, could you PM me a photo too, please. I'd appreciate it :)
agh, phone being screwy lately. between mail push not working for outlook and now it wont let me log on to DLN....bah
pm me a phone and i can text images for now. gotta get back to work lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
agh, phone being screwy lately. between mail push not working for outlook and now it wont let me log on to DLN....bah
pm me a phone and i can text images for now. gotta get back to work lol

"gotta bet back to work".....is the same thing I'm going to do now :) I don't have a smart phone, only a 1-1/4" x 2" flip phone screen, so whenever you
could post them, is fine :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
"gotta bet back to work".....is the same thing I'm going to do now :) I don't have a smart phone, only a 1-1/4" x 2" flip phone screen, so whenever you
could post them, is fine :)
haha sounds good, few more rings to press and some zirc to color. then ill head home and see if i can get these images up for you. i sent to TaylorP already

R

rayhacoupian

Reaction score
check your desk maybe its not fixed and moved little bit in milling process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
haha sounds good, few more rings to press and some zirc to color. then ill head home and see if i can get these images up for you. i sent to TaylorP already
Would you like for me to post them, along with the text?

Top Bottom