What am I missing?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Then you have to dry it otherwise your wax up has problems.
I saw your second post, if it works for you that is great I never had much luck with hot water. I use an alcohol torch as I don't have gas it takes longer but I generally have time.
Nice to see you! Welcome back Earthling!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Man that's a handy tool. The spout is killer. I could get a lot done with that.
Just bought a backup. On-line backups rock. Anyway, it's 21 quarts = 5 1/4 gallons volume to the max fill line.

$129.99 before tax and I'm sure you could find it cheaper if you spend time looking, I wanted to walk in and walk out with it in my paws.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Just bought a backup. On-line backups rock. Anyway, it's 21 quarts = 5 1/4 gallons volume to the max fill line.

$129.99 before tax and I'm sure you could find it cheaper if you spend time looking, I wanted to walk in and walk out with it in my paws.
How long does it take to come to a boil? I could use it for a back up injection tank.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to come to a boil? I could use it for a back up injection tank.
I'll have to check tomorrow. Never have taken it straight to a boil.
Full up to about an inch from the max fill line it's about an hour to 165 and about 30 minutes from 165 to boil.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ambient = 72F

fill level = about 5 inches or roughly 3.5 inches from max fill line.

30 minutes to 170 F

Less than 55 total to rolling boil. Missed the actual moment of boil initiation, so that's as close as I can get.

It's getting dumped this weekend. After refill I can run it again if that's not granular enough or if you want to know the timing for a fuller pot.

Edit : it's about .63 gal per inch of fill for a sense of volume

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Ambient = 72F

fill level = about 5 inches or roughly 3.5 inches from max fill line.

30 minutes to 170 F

Less than 55 total to rolling boil. Missed the actual moment of boil initiation, so that's as close as I can get.

It's getting dumped this weekend. After refill I can run it again if that's not granular enough or if you want to know the timing for a fuller pot.

Edit : it's about .63 gal per inch of fill for a sense of volume
Thank you, I may just get one for a back up.