Wet Milling Machine

3DCAM

3DCAM

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Do you know which milling machine is the best for milling Titanium Abutment? And is Roland DWX-42W wet Mill is a good one?
I'm looking for a milling can make 3 Ti-abutment at least each time.
Thanks

S

SDS_SMC

Reaction score
We're also looking into the DWX-42W to mill custom Ti abutments. The Versamill 5X450 was on our list of considerations, but pricing and the number of custom abutment cases we receive made the DWX-42X more practical. Would love to hear constructive critique of our choices from more knowledgeable members.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Do you know which milling machine is the best for milling Titanium Abutment? And is Roland DWX-42W wet Mill is a good one?
I'm looking for a milling can make 3 Ti-abutment at least each time.
Thanks
I don't think that mill is used for milling metal

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
It actually is receiving the premill option with 3 blank holder.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't think that mill is used for milling metal
with the AK1 kit (https://www.rolanddga.com/products/dental/ak1-kits) for that mill, it is supposed to be able to mill abutments.

anyhow there are several machines worth considering. two have been mentioned so far; the DWX42W, Versamill 5x450, but there are two other considerations you could make.

in the past i've used imes 350i, and to a certain extent still recommend that machine. Ceramill motion2 has capability to convert to milling titanium (just like roland) but requires specially manufactured blanks made for ceramill so supply is limited.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
we tried milling abutments out of ti disks with mixed results .we now mill abutments out of zirkonzahn dedicated blanks up to 8 at a time most mills use dedicated blanks with the fitting surface pre milled its much more accurate and quicker . they are not expensive blanks and it always makes me wonder why the implant companies charge so much for their of the shelf abutments.we still use atlantis and procera when requested but more people are looking at the abutment from our mill as very good quality and less expensive.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
with the AK1 kit (https://www.rolanddga.com/products/dental/ak1-kits) for that mill, it is supposed to be able to mill abutments.

anyhow there are several machines worth considering. two have been mentioned so far; the DWX42W, Versamill 5x450, but there are two other considerations you could make.

in the past i've used imes 350i, and to a certain extent still recommend that machine. Ceramill motion2 has capability to convert to milling titanium (just like roland) but requires specially manufactured blanks made for ceramill so supply is limited.
Interesting...thanks for the link!

J

JamesR

Reaction score
We're also looking into the DWX-42W to mill custom Ti abutments. The Versamill 5X450 was on our list of considerations, but pricing and the number of custom abutment cases we receive made the DWX-42X more practical. Would love to hear constructive critique of our choices from more knowledgeable members.

Where are you located? Would love to shed some light on the Versamill 5x450

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
OK, I may be a bit biased, however there's a world of difference between the Versamill 5X450 and Roland or Ceramill. For that matter significant differences with the Imes as well.

The Versamill 5X450 was crafted as a wet-only abutment and denture mill with special fixtures for both. You can checkout our website or contact us for details.

Beyond the many machine differences, there is also our templates, particularly when it comes to abutments. We've but our over for decades of manufacturing experience to develop enhanced libraries and produce high-quality custom abutments with super-fine sub-gingiva finishes and clear, sharp margins with the most aesthetic emergence profiles.

And our support's not too shabby either...

Please give us a call at (855) 687 7941 or email us: [email protected]—we would love to fill you in. 5X-450_0.denture 1.JPG FixtureCollage.jpg 74604426_10216169798422262_6171545417948332032_o.jpg 5X450 DualImage.png

Attachments

• 5X-450_0.pre cart6.JPG
    5X-450_0.pre cart6.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 29
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How do you mill the interface?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Is it just me or it did cut into the frame ? Rofl

1.png

M

mmbh

Reaction score
OK, I may be a bit biased, however there's a world of difference between the Versamill 5X450 and Roland or Ceramill. For that matter significant differences with the Imes as well.

The Versamill 5X450 was crafted as a wet-only abutment and denture mill with special fixtures for both. You can checkout our website or contact us for details.

Beyond the many machine differences, there is also our templates, particularly when it comes to abutments. We've but our over for decades of manufacturing experience to develop enhanced libraries and produce high-quality custom abutments with super-fine sub-gingiva finishes and clear, sharp margins with the most aesthetic emergence profiles.

And our support's not too shabby either...

Please give us a call at (855) 687 7941 or email us: [email protected]—we would love to fill you in. View attachment 36360 View attachment 36357 View attachment 36358 View attachment 36359
I have the 5x400 but that 450 looks like a beast.

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
I was interested in the Roland 52D and the website price is $25,995. But when you contact the dealer they include an additional $5200.00 for the cam software. The mill will not come with any burs .The starter kit is an additional $1300. The service for Roland has gone south. Once the warranty is done you are on your own. I bought the Versamill 5x400. for $37,750. This included everything, including the taxes and shipping. They gave me 2 sets of burs. And so far the service has been good.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I was interested in the Roland 52D and the website price is $25,995. But when you contact the dealer they include an additional $5200.00 for the cam software. The mill will not come with any burs .The starter kit is an additional $1300. The service for Roland has gone south. Once the warranty is done you are on your own. I bought the Versamill 5x400. for $37,750. This included everything, including the taxes and shipping. They gave me 2 sets of burs. And so far the service has been good.
My 5x400 has served me well.

J

Joonizcool

Reaction score
You can use the AK-1 attachment to use the Roland DWX-42W wet mill.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The idea of milling titanium on one of those cute rolands gave me a chuckle.. I can tell you from experience (not roland) that you should calculate the price of replacing one of those tiny spindles into your abutment cost.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I would recommend Manix ZX-4SS

Top Bottom