welder

B

bill m

Reaction score
I need a welder for mostly welding retention for adding teeth to cast partials. I have a mini torch (oxygen propane) but am not satisfied with my results with it. I am looking for a arc welder (yates and bird) but have seen the little pulse welders on ebay and am intrigued by them. They are chinese so I am not sure about them. I realize a laser or good pulse welder is the way to go but price makes them unreachable. I am looking for opinions. Thanks

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i too am considering a laser welder addition to the equipment. prob sometime this spring or summer. looking forward to seeing what users say

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
You could risk trying the cheap Chinese stuff. But if if does not perform to your standards then you have to buy a good one in the end. It is least expensive to do it right the first time than it is to do it right the second time. I bought my pulse welder many years ago when it was in fashion to buy a $30,000 laser welder. At $9000 at the time I thought it was expensive but it turned out to be some of the best money I spent. It is still going strong today.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have a pulse welder, its great for retention pins. Its for sale, theres a listing here on the forum. Its a lampert dentapuk.

B

bill m

Reaction score
I have a pulse welder, its great for retention pins. Its for sale, theres a listing here on the forum. Its a lampert dentapuk.
Thanks for the offer but can't spend that now.I will keep it in mind.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Is this Bill Marais?

B

bill m

Reaction score
No I am bill matwijec from Rome ny.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Ah ok, well anyways nice to have you on here Bill from Rome NY.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
I have been using a schutz pulse welder for about 9years now, like all new equipment it took a few goes to get a feel for it. It uses tungsten tips which need to sharpened on a cut off disc fairly regularly to keep the tip in good condition, otherwise you get a ppphhhhtt noise where the spark isn't as intense. I use it regularly to add tags onto chromes. In the early days it was a single piece of stainless steel ortho wire, but we had a couple come back within 12mths as the tags had fractured at the join. I changed the design to a small U shape with tags at 90degress to the U and weld those 2 tags to the partial frame. Much more support and use that design everytime now. Wouldn't be without it, think we paid £6000 for it from memory.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I know its pricey but a laser welder will last a career with MINIMAL cost to maintain. I have had mine for 15+ years and have replaced a filter 2 times and water yearly. Its built to last and I could not do with out it. Gramm Alpha!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
You can look at jewelery sites look for soldering machine. The Yates is a soldering machine. Yates & Byrd perfect flow is good solder. I have a old torit soldering machine and a Laserstar desktop. The Laserstar I have replaced 3 filters, deionized water every year, 1 bulb, 3 lens front filter protectors.. I bought in 1999. I use it for repairs, wire frames, Implant welding, all on 4 sub frame construction.