Webcam and program for communication

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Hello
Any recomendation for software and hardware for communication between lab and dentist?
Still images, real time video?
What are you using?
TIA

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Hello
Any recomendation for software and hardware for communication between lab and dentist?
Still images, real time video?
What are you using?
TIA

skype?

M

Martinsmith

Reaction score
For more than 25 years, KODAK SOFTDENT Practice Management Software has helped make dental practices just like yours more efficient, productive and successful. Developed, tested and refined to provide dentists and their teams with the tools they need to perform daily tasks more efficiently, the intuitive software works the way your practice does. Simplify routine tasks, improve office communication and make information more accessible throughout the office with fully automated and customizable tools.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
After long time I have fiber optic internet connection so my upload bandwith allows me to send HD real time video.
I have bought a pair of webcams for testing.

I will propose our customers to use one of three methods (not mutually exclusive).
They need a computer and internet access.

Method A:
Non intrusive, we send photos by email and they phone us between patients. We speak by phone while both watch same pictures.

Method B:
Real time talk, one way images using join.me program in my side. I show photos in my screen desk and then I phone the dental office and give them the join.me session number so they can see my screen. I can move models etc to show my points while speaking
They do not need any installed software nor an account in any place (client program needed if using a smartphone)
Can be used the other way round. Dentists that have seen it say they like this method because is so simple for them: only to type https://join.me/xxx-xxx-xxx in internet explorer.

Method C:
Skype if they have it installed, an account and a webcam.

Till now I have made only "proof of concept" and some demostrations
Not sure which one is better, join.me or skipe, maybe I will have more data after real world usage.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Regards

kristine

kristine

Reaction score
Try Skype , MSN, Yahoo messenger, ooVoo, or AIM messenger .