Wax up of the week

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
A Mack truck will fit under the distal rest of #14 and the inferior (rear) strap. What's up with that?

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Intraoral. Just observing. The fit on the master is stellar!

Last edited:
model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I was digging through some older pictures that I had and found these. I didn’t always have the mindset to take pics from start to finish or I am just sometimes running around like a maniac and forget. I don’t have finished pictures of this case, it’s just the framework. Yes, the bite was intentionally opened.
Pic 1 is the freehand wax up.
pic 2 is the raw casting after sprues were removed.
Pic 3 finished frame on master model.
Pics 4-5 frame on mounted cast. It’s not real pretty but it’s functional and real life.
87835086-AC0B-4941-81A7-4F0A183D14EC.jpeg 1A37C773-1FA7-433F-A6F7-EACE608FE165.jpeg A36EA138-30FC-426F-BACA-5B2142C88F75.jpeg 5F47C855-9F89-4858-9AFD-20EC2C441E6D.jpeg 3616F5A2-FC56-4747-AF07-FC66ECAFBA7E.jpeg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I wind up waxing all the anatomy for Rpd occlusals. I always get a kick out of the transition from wax to alloy.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
2E3ACC97-02EE-4232-8859-F00F1EEF78E6.jpeg
My first time setting teeth today, got much to learn

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I wind up waxing all the anatomy for Rpd occlusals. I always get a kick out of the transition from wax to alloy.
What would you have done differently? This is a case that was designed by my now former boss. If it were entirely up to me, I would’ve done the metal occlusal but cut back a tooth for the buccal and utilized a saddle. I am not a fan of having metal “dummies” on a free end extension.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
What would you have done differently? This is a case that was designed by my now former boss. If it were entirely up to me, I would’ve done the metal occlusal but cut back a tooth for the buccal and utilized a saddle. I am not a fan of having metal “dummies” on a free end extension.
I agree it's better to be able to reline a free end saddle. Veneering or onlay over teeth is all about real estate. So if there's room, yeah.
The cast intaglio on Shipman dentures always bugged me a little. Seemed like such a lack of planning.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
View attachment 34132
My first time setting teeth today, got much to learn
Have you had schooling? What do you mean by first time? You're obviously not new to this.
The arrangement is serviceable, you need to go over your wax up, you have minor clean up details.
But it's not bad...

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I agree it's better to be able to reline a free end saddle. Veneering or onlay over teeth is all about real estate. So if there's room, yeah.
The cast intaglio on Shipman dentures always bugged me a little. Seemed like such a lack of planning.
“Shipman”? This term is new to me?

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Have you had schooling? What do you mean by first time? You're obviously not new to this.
The arrangement is serviceable, you need to go over your wax up, you have minor clean up details.
But it's not bad...
never had schooling for any thing in the dental field, took seminars that went more scientific than technical.. I’m a zirconia guy and i had some time to start learning dentures yesterday. I’ve always had a visual for these things so I just went on and did my thing at the bench