Wax up of the week

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Ok, how about a different angle: Titanium
f7c9316036c0d2bd78b274a4604f782a.jpg
bar. Patient kept breaking off teeth. Converted to facing case.
cc3d20cf0baefb777499d5f4f2822815.jpg
fb75cac55ecbded2580e78eb425432f7.jpg
f7c9316036c0d2bd78b274a4604f782a.jpg
79e22109f14b729f96219c4f472e1a74.jpg
345515f1f83b90011341c24381a510c2.jpg
6c48dfe0d7fe123f33570c0a4f031c10.jpg
c70966f065af3dd3b258de3a298ce7e8.jpg
41dcee771be92d1864b64a92492384c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.sorry not in proper order, but hope you get the idea.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Cast Titanium? May want to consider contouring the anterior flange to allow for better hygiene.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Cast Titanium? May want to consider contouring the anterior flange to allow for better hygiene.

Hi Dr. -Not titanium. I went old school- type 4, semi-precious. Retrofitted over titanium bar (and sprues),bonded with GC primer,undercuts and acrylic. Thanks for advice on flanges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Could also clean up the acrylic a little around the implant sites shouldn't be any plaque traps.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Thanks JKraver: helps to have 2nd set of eyes. You know, as a side thought,I was surprised how butchered up those areas were, the titanium didn't hold up very well for only 1.5 years. Some areas I was able to polish out and other areas I tried to cover up. But I'll take a second look at those areas. Thanks!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Thanks JKraver: helps to have 2nd set of eyes. You know, as a side thought,I was surprised how butchered up those areas were, the titanium didn't hold up very well for only 1.5 years. Some areas I was able to polish out and other areas I tried to cover up. But I'll take a second look at those areas. Thanks!

xstiff robinson brush at high rpm will trim acrylic, but wont harm the metal. They sell protective caps so you can polish intaglio, I would use the hp cotton/flannel buffs (I don't like the felt wheels but the cones are decent),or the habras discs, I still like my buffs over the finer habras. I only really use the yellow and red, sometimes blue.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
For the same reason I stipple the upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Dontknow Ok, ill bite why do you stipple the upper? Light reflectance? That is only an issue 2-3mm above teeth, and 1st maybe 2nd premolar back. Just seems to me like a hygiene maintenance problem. I know wax stipple is much better than bur stipple for hygiene. I am always willing to learn from the more experienced.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Do you festoon more than 2-3 mm above the teeth? This case is for a younger woman who is very concerned with her appearance. I stippled for the light refraction. If you do the stipple properly its not a hygiene problem with regular maintenance. I've seen enough of my work after several years and it hasn't been a problem. Unless someone is a total pig and in that case it will come back with moss growing off it to boot. Ok fine, I also did it for me. I like it.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Do you festoon more than 2-3 mm above the teeth? This case is for a younger woman who is very concerned with her appearance. I stippled for the light refraction. If you do the stipple properly its not a hygiene problem with regular maintenance. I've seen enough of my work after several years and it hasn't been a problem. Unless someone is a total pig and in that case it will come back with moss growing off it to boot. Ok fine, I also did it for me. I like it.
Still waiting on trying the gebdi wax, hopefully it will come in soon. Just got some candulor soft and am liking it a lot for set ups.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Cheap teeth, just for practice. Thanks for all the tips @DLN . Still trying to better my work so feel free to constructively criticize. The cases here are amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 65
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Cheap teeth, just for practice. Thanks for all the tips @DLN . Still trying to better my work so feel free to constructively criticize. The cases here are amazing.
Take a hot instrument and smooth out the transition of your festooning

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
The tissues may looked like that because the restorative dentist most likely rushed the case. IMO it s better to wait for the soft tissues to heal and mature well before any definitive tx is performed. With such a nice bar and set up, it is a pity no to wait long enough for the case to be ready.