Wax up fixture

O

oralook

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone help to use the wax up fixture from 3shape ? I want to copy a full arch to mill in zirconia , but I want to facial reduce, can anyone explain how you make the order form?
Thank`s in advance

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

C

CADCAMGreg

Reaction score
Here ya go:
-Select all preps > Skip pontics>then bridge them.
L2uD3o9.jpg

Using the fixture is easy. Just follow the prompts in the scanning software. Also newer versions of the scanning software don't require the scanning fixture. You do one scan of the bottom, and one scan of the top then stitch them together.

-CCG

O

oralook

Reaction score
Here ya go:
-Select all preps > Skip pontics>then bridge them.
L2uD3o9.jpg

Using the fixture is easy. Just follow the prompts in the scanning software. Also newer versions of the scanning software don't require the scanning fixture. You do one scan of the bottom, and one scan of the top then stitch them together.

-CCG

I am doing like you show but i cant reduce in labial side. And i have a lot of errors in designer When you do the splines.

C

CADCAMGreg

Reaction score
I am doing like you show but i cant reduce in labial side. And i have a lot of errors in designer When you do the splines.

Sometimes the splines can be an pain. Especially on larger cases. Make sure there are no intersecting or jagged splines. Also, If you want to modify the wax up design after you scan it you will only be able to hand sculpt it in the design software. There is not any cutback function when designing a wax up. I would suggest cutting it back prior to scanning it.

-Greg

O

oralook

Reaction score
Sometimes the splines can be an pain. Especially on larger cases. Make sure there are no intersecting or jagged splines. Also, If you want to modify the wax up design after you scan it you will only be able to hand sculpt it in the design software. There is not any cutback function when designing a wax up. I would suggest cutting it back prior to scanning it.

-Greg

Thank you Greg, is what i suspect.