Wax Try-Ins

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I'm aware there a lab but they are also the only reseller for candular wax i know of. i wouldn't compare them to Glidewell though no were near.
on that note, Glidewell has a bad name for... well being Glidewell, but id bet there are few people around who wouldn't mind have the income of Jim Glidewell. you can knock his lab all you want but he did something right. also i see pos 1 man labs all over who put out worse work than Glidewell all day
No problem buddy. You promoted a reseller and I wanted folks to know. Good on you for the candular wax. Got no problem w glidewell or Edmonds.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
No problem buddy. You promoted a reseller and I wanted folks to know. Good on you for the candular wax. Got no problem w glidewell or Edmonds.
Edmonds has picked up all of Candular’s products since Ivoclar stopped carrying them.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
No worries, it hard communicating on here... Lacking emotion haha

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
No worries, it hard communicating on here... Lacking emotion haha
Agreed. Also, I need to learn to keep the unproductive comments to myself. And you’re right about the one man labs. Plenty out there w glidwell level work, I’m trying to not to be one of those, it’s been a slow process. I’ve thought about using the candular wax. Do you use it exclusively, like it’s good for setting teeth and waxing?

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I'm aware there a lab but they are also the only reseller for candular wax i know of. i wouldn't compare them to Glidewell though no were near.
on that note, Glidewell has a bad name for... well being Glidewell, but id bet there are few people around who wouldn't mind have the income of Jim Glidewell. you can knock his lab all you want but he did something right. also i see pos 1 man labs all over who put out worse work than Glidewell all day
Knock him you want like I did many years ago. Bruzir also helped me make a lot of money. I decided back then not to fight the beast but to use all the marketing processes in place with Bruxzir. Oh, by the way he is worth 2.6 BILLION.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
@Denture Dude
For my dentures and partials anything that I'm doing in wax I use it exclusively except for the rims. I just use benco brand rims.
Honestly I've started doing a lot more digital stuff lately. Not 3D printed because I think that those are the ugliest and worst dentures I've ever seen in my life but milling dentures has been really good for us. We don't use as much wax because of that though we 3D print the tryons and then mail the finals and so I have cut down on my wax usage a ton. We're not super small I started my lab a couple years ago and were about five people.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
Knock him you want like I did many years ago. Bruzir also helped me make a lot of money. I decided back then not to fight the beast but to use all the marketing processes in place with Bruxzir. Oh, by the way he is worth 2.6 BILL
Yeah I agree. I use what I can from them. They honestly have helped me out a lot and getting new customers haha

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been waxing up try-ins for our doctors and have gotten the complaint that the wax and/or teeth fall off or break apart when they try it in the patients mouth.
I have tried using just wax, and custom tray material with retention holes and wax on top of that.
Its happening for full acrylic partial wax ups, framework wax ups, and full acrylic denture wax ups.
Any advice on how to make the wax try-ins "stronger" so this does not happen?
I make sure to take them off the model before sending them out so they aren't breaking during that step either. I have even tried adding a little super glue to keep them together with no luck.
Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
I used to tell my Drs that the first sentence they should say to the patient before anything is: GENTLY BITE DOWN. And it should not stay in the mouth more than 3 to 5 min before they have to take it out and put it in cold water for more try in time. After all it is wax and all season wax is my choice.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We have been using Uhler brand set up wax for years. Very good stuff no problems with teeth falling out except every once in a while on a single tooth saddle area.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Order all my teeth from edmonds, theyve been very helpful in making sure I get what I need when I need it.

Good tips on the wax everyone, thanks.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I disagree with that. 2 minutes in the mouth is not enough time to properly check function and aesthetics. You can look at it in 2 minutes no problem but it should be in the mouth for longer than 2 minutes I would say about 10 to 15 max but no less than five so whatever wax you use should be able to withstand that. Again I use candler and I have never had a consistent issue with that. One or two here or there but never much
15 min is your problem. Within the first 2 min someone who knows what he or she is doing should be enough to get a good idea what is going on. Take it out cool it and use it again or you can keep it for 15 min and all falls apart. Your choice.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have to agree, if the Pt is not directed by the Dr on what precisely to do (and not to do) then they will clack them around until the teeth move. One protrusive slide and the teeth are likely splayed.
I like the idea of the hard printed try-in that can really be adjusted and worn for longer term in the chair. Im trying to implement a printed try-in, with a hybrid processing technique of ultimately using the digital denture to make my flask and process it in acrylic with carded candulor teeth.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been waxing up try-ins for our doctors and have gotten the complaint that the wax and/or teeth fall off or break apart when they try it in the patients mouth.
I have tried using just wax, and custom tray material with retention holes and wax on top of that.
Its happening for full acrylic partial wax ups, framework wax ups, and full acrylic denture wax ups.
Any advice on how to make the wax try-ins "stronger" so this does not happen?
I make sure to take them off the model before sending them out so they aren't breaking during that step either. I have even tried adding a little super glue to keep them together with no luck.
Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
Your problem is idiots.

C

Chompers’R’Us

Reaction score
I use set up wax due to its stickiness when setting teeth and than all season wax to festoon/carve denture. Funny you mentioned teeth falling off. I recently did a try in for a new Dr and he thought the denture was finished sent patient home for the day only to have the patient call back because teeth distorted when she was drinking tea 😅

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I use set up wax due to its stickiness when setting teeth and than all season wax to festoon/carve denture. Funny you mentioned teeth falling off. I recently did a try in for a new Dr and he thought the denture was finished sent patient home for the day only to have the patient call back because teeth distorted when she was drinking tea 😅
We’ve had that happen. Patient went to lunch with a couple of friends and one by one her teeth started falling out! Rofl

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
We’ve had that happen. Patient went to lunch with a couple of friends and one by one her teeth started falling out! Rofl
She's on a fixed income and only wanted to pay for the economy set.

Top Bottom