wax coping production

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
wax

The only way in my book is to use a good dip pot and a good dipping wax. Play with the temp until you get the thickness you want. I use a digital dip pot and bell de saint clare dipping wax. I keep the temp at 182 and get 0.3 tenths coping. And build up were you need for support of course.

O

ofair

Reaction score
maybe when doing depeing is not hot enough or the wax not soft.

R

rheinallt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Bego Adapta system?
It's a thin sheet of plastic that's held in a special wire frame holder and heated over a Bunsen burner. The die is then plunged into the softened plastic into a pot of putty.
It's available from Metrodent in the UK for £93:53 - enough for 100 crowns.

I have used the Kerr Inlay wax (traditional technique),it's very brittle!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I think the term is "Butt" margin "

Man that made me laugh :D

Re buying the wax occlusual moulds, its cheaper to just index some study models with putty and pour wax in, voilla! your own wax occlusual moulds in the normal wax brand you use.

Dont understand the point in buying them.

doug

doug

Reaction score
"I think the term is "Butt" margin "

Man that made me laugh :D

Re buying the wax occlusual moulds, its cheaper to just index some study models with putty and pour wax in, voilla! your own wax occlusual moulds in the normal wax brand you use.

Dont understand the point in buying them.

They're a lot easier to use than you think.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Do you use any Doug; and if so, what brand?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I heard they cost an arm and a leg but I think Doug may have a spare:)

P

paulg100

Reaction score
not so much the ease of use, but why buy refills when you can just pour wax into a mould and produce your own, in hardly any time.

The other thing i dont like the idea of with the pre-formned ones is ther not in the wax your using, maybe not a big thing if your using for casting, but more so it its for diagnostic work which is to be presented to the patient.

This topic reminded me to get some different sized sets of posterior denture teeth and make up some putty moulds to see how it works out.

and re the cost the smille line ones have great forms and morphology but yes there $$ for what they are.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
not so much the ease of use, but why buy refills when you can just pour wax into a mould and produce your own, in hardly any time.

The other thing i dont like the idea of with the pre-formned ones is ther not in the wax your using, maybe not a big thing if your using for casting, but more so it its for diagnostic work which is to be presented to the patient.

This topic reminded me to get some different sized sets of posterior denture teeth and make up some putty moulds to see how it works out.

and re the cost the smille line ones have great forms and morphology but yes there $$ for what they are.

Forgive me, are we talking silicon wax occlusal moulds or prefromed wax occlusals? If they're the silicon moulds why would it be necessary for purchasing refills?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Whether you use premade wax forms or premade silicone forms ,there is a significant cost unless you average 45 new dentists per month and can afford both;)

Being part tightwad and part mad scientist I have made molds of denture teeth and any other model that had cool anatomy.

At the end of the day I end up waxing it all by hand....and charge a kings ransom.:D

doug

doug

Reaction score
Do you use any Doug; and if so, what brand?

We have the Biofit molds from Jensen. Russ' very own creation, and a great way to make an occlusal on a gold crown or do a quick wax-up for a diagnostic case. I like what Al does with the anterior patterns for diagnostic cases and Veneers.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
I use Bredents moulds on certain cases when you have bags of room or no bite to worry about.
I think Biofit do a shallow range, are they any good, they could be quite useful.

S

SandRLab

Reaction score
I use Hi-Tech green dipping and their all purpose green for carving. I always have trouble with lines inside the copings. I am going to try warming up my dies (somehow!!) before dipping, maybe that will help! I use the silicone molds for waxups but almost always have to destroy the anatomy because theres not enough room. What die prep products do you guys use, spacer and sealer, margin marker, and CARVERS!! Can't seem to find a great one that doesn't have to be adjusted.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try dipping a bit faster to avoid the internal lines.

I use a carver that is basically the same contour as the ditching to carve my margins.Thin out the wax before removing it.I wouldn't warm up the dies,you may frig up the spacer.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
SandRLab,
You can gently warm the dies, I have a little thing called a warm and dry that does just that or if you have a food dehydrator to dry models you can warm them in that. The die spacers are made to withstand the hot wax and you only need them warm. For what its worth, I tried Hi-Techs dipping wax and hated it, though I love their margin wax. I like Kerrs much better. Rob

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good point Rob,I guess I was visualizing flaming the dies with a bunsen burner.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the key is "warm" not hot, however I should have mentioned that you need a way to warm them to a fairly consistent temerature or it becomes impossible to get a consistent thickness in your copings. Rob

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the key is "warm" not hot, however I should have mentioned that you need a way to warm them to a fairly consistent temerature or it becomes impossible to get a consistent thickness in your copings. Rob

There's a thread somewhere else on this board that discusses this point, it states how some bigassmamma would sit on the dies to warm them! very unusual method indeed. Under a lamp might suffice.

C

charles007

Reaction score
You get rings when you dip slow.... period, whether you have a cold die or warm .
When you dip, go in fast, and come out slow..........know what I mean :D

Set the temp on your dip pot so the thickness you want to achieve will be correct with this technique.