Waste Zirconia / zirconium oxide

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Anyone ever found a use for the milled out zirconia? We are well used to collecting and recycling the metals used in the industry - Zirconium oxide of use to any industry?

Colin

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
I could retire if I found a buyer with a use for our old pucks:D

K

kstrickhouser

Reaction score
I know that Glidewell recycles their Zirconia. Has anyone found anyone after this was posted in 2010?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I take a few puck and keep them. One use is to break the puck up into pieces and fire it in your sintering oven, the ZR pieces absorb the color left by the coping in the ZR balls, i ran my quick fire mode twice a day for a few days and the pieces i fired got whiter and whiter each time.

H

Hua Dang

Reaction score
I take a few puck and keep them. One use is to break the puck up into pieces and fire it in your sintering oven, the ZR pieces absorb the color left by the coping in the ZR balls, i ran my quick fire mode twice a day for a few days and the pieces i fired got whiter and whiter each time.

Firing the milled out zirconia pieces in sintering furance is good idea, it can absorb some of SiO2, Fe2O3 and other colors material, it is the best way to clean the furance.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thanks for that information, i'll direct that to the appropriate people. we've a lot of waste zirc, too.

0_0

0_0

Reaction score

Good idea ! Got zirconia enough for years of cleaning. What's your quickfire program ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Good idea ! Got zirconia enough for years of cleaning. What's your quickfire program ?

it is the one pre programmed on the orgin dou tron pro. I can find out the parameters.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
thanks for that information, i'll direct that to the appropriate people. we've a lot of waste zirc, too.

Zirconia powder sells for about 60 cents a gram. Nothing like your gold alloys. We junk the scrap.

S

SunnyGuan

Reaction score
We are looking for the scrap Zirconia containing material in all forms as long as it has the element ZrO2 ( Zirconium Oxide ) like scrap Zirconia powders & pieces. We have our own facilities to reuse these scrap materials. If you have these types of scrap, you can contact with me at my email address: [email protected]

Last edited:
S

SunnyGuan

Reaction score
Reuse the waste Zirconia containing material in all forms

We are looking for the scrap Zirconia containing material in all forms as long as it has the element ZrO2 ( Zirconium Oxide ) like scrap Zirconia powders & pieces. We have our own facilities to reuse these scrap materials. Hope this recycle program helps your company maximize your return from Zirconia investment .

My email address: [email protected]

Last edited:
Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Here also some milling centers buy it for recycle and mill.. but they not tell about it ;)

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
nut i dont know how they measure shrinkage, color, etc...

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
It's been 7 years. Has anyone found a use for the old discs?

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
It's been 7 years. Has anyone found a use for the old discs?
Yes, Recycle them. Does Glidewell still have their recycling program?
"Waste not, Want not". Why not?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes, Recycle them. Does Glidewell still have their recycling program?
"Waste not, Want not". Why not?
Weren't you saving them up to make your own branded stuff from scrap?

W

www.consultwaste.com

Reaction score
Hello all,

We have found re use process for the used Zirconium pucks. Our team for the last 6 months have been working hard to create a new process flow for this material. Please understand we do not want to be over loaded with supply we ask that you reach out to start the recycling process. We are looking for more suppliers currently and are hoping to have our entire system fluid in the next 6 months.

www.consultwaste.com
[email protected]

Thank you for your time in advance.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Bumping this to say that we're trying to find an application for waste zirconia puck as well. Wonder if you could crush the waste back to a powder, mix it with a binder/press it into a form with a press, and successfully sinter it...

Top Bottom