Wanted - Ivocap Cap Vibrator

W

Wagenaar

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for an Ivocap cap vibrator.

We have one that is starting to fail and I can’t think of something else to buy to replace it (ie. paint mixer). Since they stopped making them I can’t get one new and I have been looking on Ebay for a few months with no success.

If you have one in any condition sitting around collecting dust please contact me I would be very interested.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for an Ivocap cap vibrator.

We have one that is starting to fail and I can’t think of something else to buy to replace it (ie. paint mixer). Since they stopped making them I can’t get one new and I have been looking on Ebay for a few months with no success.

If you have one in any condition sitting around collecting dust please contact me I would be very interested.
Maybe call Ivoclar and find out what could be the cause of the failure, and then you would have an idea where to take it to get it repaired.
It would've been nice if they had let those of us know that have the Ivocap system that it was going to be discontinued!
I remember my rep telling me that we would ALWAYS be able to get everything we need for Ivocap except the processing tank...grrr

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Contact @Garland Dental Services. They will probably be able to repair it for you.

W

Wagenaar

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks Doris for the response and suggestions.
We have repaired it a few times (my father-in-law is very handy with these things). I was hoping to find a used cap vibrator and then have my current mixer for a back-up or parts.
Do you know of any website/business that might have one for sell?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks Doris for the response and suggestions.
We have repaired it a few times (my father-in-law is very handy with these things). I was hoping to find a used cap vibrator and then have my current mixer for a back-up or parts.
Do you know of any website/business that might have one for sell?
No, I wish I did. Now that it's been discontinued I don't think anyone with an extra one will part with it. Without the cap vibrator you can't use the system. It looks like they're trying to get us to switch to Ivobase or digital. Again GRRR!!!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
There's an equipment repair service that posts on here. I think they are based in Garland Texas, I would check with them to see if they could possibly repair. I also checked ebay and see ivocap items, I don't have time to check it all but strangely the word ivocap not only brings up related items in ebay , it also brings up children's bridesmaids dresses, so it's a win/win :)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I talked to my Ivoclar rep today and I mentioned your trouble. He said to send it to Ivoclar for a repair, and if you let them know it's an emergency you could possibly have it back in a week. He said normally what goes wrong with them is the bearings wear out. He also said to keep checking ebay to buy a backup.

When the cap vibrators finally go belly up and can't be repaired anymore, those of us who still use that system will be SOL and have to switch to Ivobase or say so long to Ivoclar and go with Snow Rock.

enricochienrico

enricochienrico

Reaction score
Bit off-topic, I have an Ivocap vibrator but I'm in the process of testing other heat cure acrylic (my ultimate goal is to be able to cure Lucitone) I've been successful using the same program for the Ivocap acrylic but using Heraeus heat cure acrylic. Different color from Ivocap, but much harder than classic packing.
I did one injection with the same ratio powder/liquid as ivocap original(watery before vibration),
and one with the manufacturer ratios(waited for the prescribed time,hand-mixed, and placed in an empty cartridge)
No complaint from the patient at the moment :)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Bit off-topic, I have an Ivocap vibrator but I'm in the process of testing other heat cure acrylic (my ultimate goal is to be able to cure Lucitone) I've been successful using the same program for the Ivocap acrylic but using Heraeus heat cure acrylic. Different color from Ivocap, but much harder than classic packing.
I did one injection with the same ratio powder/liquid as ivocap original(watery before vibration),
and one with the manufacturer ratios(waited for the prescribed time,hand-mixed, and placed in an empty cartridge)
No complaint from the patient at the moment :)
Did you put it in cold water and bring it to a boil or put it directly in boiling water like you do for Ivocap?

enricochienrico

enricochienrico

Reaction score
Did you put it in cold water and bring it to a boil or put it directly in boiling water like you do for Ivocap?
Hi Doris, sorry I did not specify that I have the new Ivobase Injector, so it is all automated, I'm testing different programs slots to cure different heat-cured acrylic.
Before with the previous Ivocap system, was much easier, even to cure Lucitone.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Doris, sorry I did not specify that I have the new Ivobase Injector, so it is all automated, I'm testing different programs slots to cure different heat-cured acrylic.
Before with the previous Ivocap system, was much easier, even to cure Lucitone.
How did you process Lucitone with the Ivocap system?

enricochienrico

enricochienrico

Reaction score
Yes, I did, simply mix liquid/monomer as usual but place the "dough" in the recycled Ivocap capsule when it is still as a soft stage and proceed with the injection, place in the water bath, and cure as usual for Lucitone instruction.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Yes, I did, simply mix liquid/monomer as usual but place the "dough" in the recycled Ivocap capsule when it is still as a soft stage and proceed with the injection, place in the water bath, and cure as usual for Lucitone instruction.
Nice to know it can be done, but why? Because ivocap acrylic is too expensive? I inject clearsplint with my ivobase it comes out pretty good.

enricochienrico

enricochienrico

Reaction score
Nice to know it can be done, but why? Because ivocap acrylic is too expensive? I inject clearsplint with my ivobase it comes out pretty good.
I'm aware with the advance of "digital stuff" big companies are slowly replacing materials/machines to nudge us in to digital(personally I find the digital world is only good to print my special trays, nothing else!) so, being able to process with the Ivobase injector different types of acrylic, will give me the option to keep giving injected dentures to my patients even if Ivocap will be found only in pucks for milling dentures.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Id imagine you would be able to use any acrylic you want. With a little experimentation, it is a delivery method not a material issue.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Id imagine you would be able to use any acrylic you want. With a little experimentation, it is a delivery method not a material issue.
My thought was that you would have to quick cure the acrylic, which can make it brittle. Overnight cure is best for most acrylics except for Ivoclar.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My thought was that you would have to quick cure the acrylic, which can make it brittle. Overnight cure is best for most acrylics except for Ivoclar.
I haven't used any non ivoclar acrylic in the ivobase for dentures. I have used clear splint in ivobase it had good results in my hands. Material science wise, I really don't know and I haven't and wont test the different acrylics. I would imagine you could cap invest and long cure any acrylic. Ivobase I could see there being an issue. Ivocap can use the same curing times as any acrylic, making it a just delivery method, unlike the ivobase because it has preset fully cured in an hour settings.