Want To Buy Want to Buy - Broken Wieland Mini Mill

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Ok long story short, I have a Wieland Mini that has served me well for many years. The Controller board went in it (the big "motherboard" on the rear of the machine). I refuse to pay the overpriced fees of Ivoclar for the parts and installation. I think I can repair this myself but obviously I can't get a board from anywhere except Ivoclar. UNLESS.....someone here has an old, defunct Mini they want to get rid of. Mine has just been a huge paperweight for the past 3 months. If someone has a non-working Mini I would be interested in buying the board or even the whole machine for parts if that is easier. Please keep me in mind! :)

THANKS!!!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
you cant without having the ini folder to lets say start the controller not sure they have their own ( Ivo) its a folder with xml tags for the controller saved on the board transfered once after changing the board and you have to copy the mill geometry folder all values must be added manually in the new controller.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
how much is the new part from ivoclar and how much are they charging to install it. maybe patrick coon can help.

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
you cant without having the ini folder to lets say start the controller not sure they have their own ( Ivo) its a folder with xml tags for the controller saved on the board transfered once after changing the board and you have to copy the mill geometry folder all values must be added manually in the new controller.

Yes you are 100% correct. I did speak to technical about this. If I get a used board it will have the previous machines geometry. It will need manually calibrated they said.

how much is the new part from ivoclar and how much are they charging to install it. maybe patrick coon can help.

Direct from Ivoclar is like $4k and $700 to install I believe. The board is plug and play, so the install I am not concerned about. There is no way I am paying that for a board, it's too overpriced. Technical is willing to help on the calibration/geometry at least.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
You must write your values in the new versus used board ( this is unique for each mill) the ini file is on the board maybe still alive , not if its a repaired ones where some ax drivers are gone around 250 Dollar to repair sometimes ax drivers fail because of mechanical issues . so if your board fail in a few moth again you know what to do.
The most important thing one hand on the emergency botton during basic initialisation and referencing there are different ini s and some must work but they dont and the mill is faster bumping at the end than you can imagine because theres only a switch on one side the other is "controlled" via travelled distance saves money . Normally it has to stop and reverse but not with all ini s. some wrong XML lines .

Attachments

• Schirmfoto_2018-01-18_045402.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2018-01-18_045402.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Schirmfoto_2018-01-18_045621.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2018-01-18_045621.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Forgot some things didnt work via auto calibration they need some manual math !! How old is it 3-4 years ?? if repair and sell it !!

C

Clyde H

Reaction score
Hi my lab has a Zenotec Mini from Weiland 4-axis mill. It has a new spindle and collet recently installed by Weiland, hasn’t been used much since (maybe once or twice) since we just purchased a 5-axis mill. It was always used with clean dry air and was purchased new. We are looking to sell the Mini mill with the monitor and CAM tower. It comes with its own original shipping crate and ships from MA. Please make an offer. Buyer pays shipping. Thank you.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Hi my lab has a Zenotec Mini from Weiland 4-axis mill. It has a new spindle and collet recently installed by Weiland, hasn’t been used much since (maybe once or twice) since we just purchased a 5-axis mill. It was always used with clean dry air and was purchased new. We are looking to sell the Mini mill with the monitor and CAM tower. It comes with its own original shipping crate and ships from MA. Please make an offer. Buyer pays shipping. Thank you.
What year was this manufactured ? Could you give us a ballpark on the price 5k,,,,10k,,,,,15k ? Many thanks .

C

Clyde H

Reaction score
This Weiland Zenotec Mini was produced in Germany in 2013. If you check out the link to the craigslist posting, there are photos from all angles of the machine, that includes the manufacturing date and location. The machine is functional and has been well maintained. It includes a new spindle and collet. It would be great to get up to $15,000 USD for it, but I am open to offers in the teens. Thank you for your interest.

Top Bottom