Help Wanted Want an all-expense paid vacation in sunny South Florida?!

J

JarretSchwartz

Reaction score
We are desperately seeking an outside consultant to help us troubleshoot fit issues with long-span bridges. We will pay for all of your travel-related expenses as well as a generous fee for your time. You must be an EXPERT in all things related to long-span bridges (from scanning all the way to finishing). If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected] ASAP.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
We can help if you give more info.. What materials and machine are you using? What fit issues? What scanner? Are we talking horseshoe bridges?
I cant say Ive ever had a bridge that didnt fit since I started doing cad cam.. Are you casting these bridges? Hmmmm2

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
more info is def needed. i bet your issues can be resolved by being super detailed and posting pics here. save yourself thousands and lean on these wonderful folks for their expertise. and witty humor.

J

JarretSchwartz

Reaction score
We can help if you give more info.. What materials and machine are you using? What fit issues? What scanner? Are we talking horseshoe bridges?
I cant say Ive ever had a bridge that didnt fit since I started doing cad cam.. Are you casting these bridges? Hmmmm2
Hi there and thanks for the response. I'm not a technician as I run the business side for us but I will relay to you what I can. We have 3shape scanners (2xE4 and 1xD2000) and we mill predominantly on 2x imes icore 350i Pro+ w/loaders. Sintering in Shenpaz furnaces. It seems that most of our issues are mainly on screw-retained implant cases with long spans. We end up with lots of internal remakes because the bridges just don't fit correctly by rocking on the model. Additionally, we had one case we just got done milling for the 4th time (yes, you read that right) were one of 6 implants was just "way up in the air."

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hi there and thanks for the response. I'm not a technician as I run the business side for us but I will relay to you what I can. We have 3shape scanners (2xE4 and 1xD2000) and we mill predominantly on 2x imes icore 350i Pro+ w/loaders. Sintering in Shenpaz furnaces. It seems that most of our issues are mainly on screw-retained implant cases with long spans. We end up with lots of internal remakes because the bridges just don't fit correctly by rocking on the model. Additionally, we had one case we just got done milling for the 4th time (yes, you read that right) were one of 6 implants was just "way up in the air."
Lots of things can be going on, but I would start here. Are you sintering your frameworks like this? I learned this from John Wilson and we don't have warping issues from sintering.

Attachments

• IMG-7955.jpg
    IMG-7955.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 44
J

JarretSchwartz

Reaction score
Lots of things can be going on, but I would start here. Are you sintering your frameworks like this? I learned this from John Wilson and we don't have warping issues from sintering.
Now, this is interesting. We are definitely NOT doing this.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I highly doubt your scanner is the issue(make sure its calibrated). If your mill is doing single unit cases, then it's probably not the issue either. I would definitely call your mill tech support and have them look at your milling strategy for your long span bridges and make sure there isn't something goin on there. Sintering is the most likely cause of poor fits on these long span cases. I don't know anything about your type of sintering oven(we use Ivoclars S1),but sintering the bridge vertically and supporting it like in the picture, is definitely the way to go.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
lots to learn here that will benefit you. if youre not supporting bridges properly during sintering that could easily be the culprit and we just saved you thousands. fingers crossed!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
holy moly

save your wrists use wye supports. yeesh.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Its deffently in the sintering especially if your not using supports like Brett suggested.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Great responds so far, especially from Bret!

But I would like to add that the scanning part is equally important. You can screw up a lot with a sloppy approach to scanning and especially merging the scans. That implant "way up in the air" is most probably a result of that.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Before you pay all that money, you might call the manufacturer of the material and let them know the work isn't fitting correctly could they please send out an expert to troubleshoot with you. I'm not crown and bridge but in years past have had the reps come out to teach and educate for denture related issues.

P

PDentalLab

Reaction score
I discovered this lab Technics in margate fl has been in business over 40yrs I have 23yrs of experience 10yrs in cad/cam and implant cases so I spoke to Jarret who asked to come in and apply i did and spoke only with the owner who told me they were no longer doing long span bridge, anymore pain in the ass and if he knew anything it that “techs who work in small labs were jack of all trades and masters of none. Didn’t know where I would fit in.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I discovered this lab Technics in margate fl has been in business over 40yrs I have 23yrs of experience 10yrs in cad/cam and implant cases so I spoke to Jarret who asked to come in and apply i did and spoke only with the owner who told me they were no longer doing long span bridge, anymore pain in the ass and if he knew anything it that “techs who work in small labs were jack of all trades and masters of none. Didn’t know where I would fit in.
Doesn’t sound like much of a vacation

Top Bottom