VM13 vs Inline

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Sorry, this post should have been in the Porcelain section

Hi all, My local Vita rep made me an offer on a new VM13 kit which is very very tempting. However I have always leaned towards Inline, (from my IPS classic days, it was such a good ceramic). Anyway would love some feedback from techs out there on fors and against.
ps, don't do many 3D shades and current ceramic is KISS.

thanks all.
Jeff

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Kiss the VM13 goodbye.........Vita is exchanging my old VM13 for the newer vita Master porcelain. Master doesn't have as many tearing problems as the 13, plus the paste opaques are much better in the Master. All vita porcelain matches their shade guide perfectly.. its just a little more sensitive than other porcelains, and more so for some techs.
I tried Inline, its easy to work with, but less chroma as dsign... If you need a few light 3D shades, order the Master in 3D as they come in....... keep your Kiss. Inline doesn't have as many colors as Inline..... but it is cheaper in cost. Kiss has a conversion chart which probably doesn't work that well.
If you still want the Inline, vm13 or Master porcelains, ask your reps to drop off their kits to try before you buy.....forgot about paying for those $100-150 trail kits.

Charles

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
I wouldnt go any where near VM13 , i battled with it for 6 months and it was one of the worst ceramics i have used in 20 years.

cant comment on the new master stuff as havnt used it.

Wild horses could not drag me away from inline now.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Thanks for your feed back guys. I spoke to our head vita ceramic guy today and he informed me that the VMK master was developed for the china market. It will not be available here in Australia for us. Not sure what to make of this but Im thinking it was
developed for quick no frills build ups.
Charles, I would be interested to know how it performs if you make the switch.

thanks, Jeff

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Sorry, this post should have been in the Porcelain section

Hi all, My local Vita rep made me an offer on a new VM13 kit which is very very tempting. However I have always leaned towards Inline, (from my IPS classic days, it was such a good ceramic). Anyway would love some feedback from techs out there on fors and against.
ps, don't do many 3D shades and current ceramic is KISS.

thanks all.
Jeff

in addition to everything the members have mentioned, also remember that inline is over 30% less expensive than the vita product. now you have the inline ONE which is a nice little addition to the regular portfolio.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Jeff, I made 3 3D shades this week with my VM13 using their new non-greeing liquid in a one fire, no add-ons, and glaze. I certainly can't explain why the non-greening liquid helped, but it does handle better and no lifting at the margins or tearing....... ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

Was told by both GC and Ivoclar reps that their One Powder porcelains have fewer technique problems than regular Inline and GC Initial MC.

Since I've only made 5 single crowns with the Master, I'm not sure what to say about it. Shades are right on, paste opaque covers well, stacks great, haven't had any tearing or lifting so far.

I don't like paying the big bucks for Vita porcelain even though I have for many years. Also don't like using 2 porcelains since I receive 3D shades. Using Master will solve that problem if it doesn't tear like my VM13 does, or is that past tense with the non-greening liq ?

30% saving with Inline..hmmm ......I've already got a free trial kit of the One Powder Inline on the way... "don't tell anyone", you can use Vita stains with it.......not that I'm recommending to do that!!

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Well I guess it come down to the old saying "try before you buy". I will do that with both brands and see whats up. Mind you, I keep looking over at my Ivoclar poster on my wall.

thanks all
Jeff

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"fewer technique problems than regular Inline"

what technique problems do they refer to? from my experiance there havnt been any.

Its not at all fussy and has worked like a charm since the first crown i built with it.

The 3D shades thing is a good point, if you want accurate 3D shades then you probably need to look at Vita, as converting from classic to 3D is not good.

Personally i get very few 3D shades so this wasnt an iusse for me.

Re the different Vita liquid, maybe it has more plastisizer in it?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Im with you Paul, I have had 0 technique problems with Inline.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Paul.,Al, I used the wrong words..... didn't mean to imply that Inline is technique sensitive at all, its not...sorry guys.
Off to Atlanta Ga. today.....will learn more.

Top Bottom