Vita vmk 68

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
Hello there.My friend recently gave me a box full with vita vmk 68 metal ceramic. Does anyone have furnace parameters?Also i need charts because i dont know what is dentin or enamel.The bottle has only numbers.Thank you

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hello there.My friend recently gave me a box full with vita vmk 68 metal ceramic. Does anyone have furnace parameters?Also i need charts because i dont know what is dentin or enamel.The bottle has only numbers.Thank you
That last time I worked with VMK 68 was in 1989, or so! While this may be a nice exercise, I definitely think today's porcelain have better esthetics... But back to your question, have you googled for it?

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
That last time I worked with VMK 68 was in 1989, or so! While this may be a nice exercise, I definitely think today's porcelain have better esthetics... But back to your question, have you googled for it?
Yes I googled it and i cant find nothing.I work with wmk master and i try with master parameters and it works really fine but i can't find anything about numbers and what it's stand for and what paint liquid means. I also find some vita toluele or something like that.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I would walk all of it to the dumpster and not look back. Great material for its time, but time has brought a lot of much better solutions.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I would walk all of it to the dumpster and not look back. Great material for its time, but time has brought a lot of much better solutions.
The 68 in VMK 68 means the year it was launched... And we talk about last century here... It was replaced by VMK90 and then all the other successors afterwards.

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
I gonna use this because i try and its not bad,esthetic not so much,but its not vita power anyway,but its really solid and tough material. Im using wmk master and also ivoclar d.sign but im also enthusiastic about old materials

doug

doug

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that when you fire it 7 times the value will fall through the floor. That stuff has a lot of Kaolin in it and it has a heat life.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
this might be a dumb question......have you called Vita?

i am fully on board with pitching that stuff in the trash though, unless its being used for practicing purposes!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
The 68 in VMK 68 means the year it was launched... And we talk about last century here... It was replaced by VMK90 and then all the other successors afterwards.

I remember switching to Omega? or was that just another name for 90? The stuff had serious coefficient issues. Never resolved it and attended seminar on synspar and made the switch. Until that got killed off.
Inline was my next, and only maybe two -three pfm a month now. :Top:
Maybe they went with names instead so we couldn’t remember how old the stuff is that we were using😀

Last edited:
H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
this might be a dumb question......have you called Vita?

i am fully on board with pitching that stuff in the trash though, unless its being used for practicing purposes!
Actually it's not bad,i also get vita chrome L stains.It's not so different over wmk master.I did not call vita,maybe i do that

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I remember switching to Omega? or was that just another name for 90? The stuff had serious coefficient issues. Never resolved it and attended seminar on synspar and made the switch. Until that got killed off.
Maybe they went with names instead so we couldn’t remember how old the stuff is that we were using😀
I think it was Omega. We used that one after using the 90 for a short time. I do not remember if it was just a rebranding of the 90 or if there was a real change to it. I currently am using Ivoclar's Style after using d.Sign from the very beginning of its existence.
After going almost exclusively all ceramics, I never thought I had to buy into a new PFM porcelain system... but demand has been high for pfms, higher than I would like it to be...

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score

I think it was Omega. We used that one after using the 90 for a short time. I do not remember if it was just a rebranding of the 90 or if there was a real change to it. I currently am using Ivoclar's Style after using d.Sign from the very beginning of its existence.
After going almost exclusively all ceramics, I never thought I had to buy into a new PFM porcelain system... but demand has been high for pfms, higher than I would like it to be...
Ivoclar is great with esthetic but has issues with cracking.I never try pmf but i heard its good

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
Ivoclar is great with esthetic but has issues with cracking.I never try pmf but i heard its good

I try vita wmk 68.Im gonna upload pic.just to find out how.Back in last century materials are built to last,now is not the case,they didn't have knowledge to put ceramic like we learn now,everything is in our hand people 😉

H

Harvey Dent

Reaction score
I try vita wmk 68.Im gonna upload pic.just to find out how.Back in last century materials are built to last,now is not the case,they didn't have knowledge to put ceramic like we learn now,everything is in our hand people 😉

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Harvey, you may enjoy some good ol’ pfm stuff on this thread .

Top Bottom