Vita enamic burs life

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi!

I want to know how long the burs last (hours) meant for hybrid ceramic blocks. It seems I have to start mill vita enamic and want to have a little information before. I will be using Roland 52DC for milling...so maybe somebody knows the time for milling one unit? I already got the information that the burs cost quite much.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So if any one is interested I got the answer from Roland. Burs last about 45 units and milling time is 20-30 minutes.

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
I’m very interested. I have 2 copies of Millbox, one from DG Shape and one from Zahn. DG Shape has strategies for Enamic, Cerasmart and Lava Ultimate but it will not let me send the file to be milled.
Zahn version gives me Cerasmart when I select resin composite but tries to use only Razorsharp burs, which always knocks the crown off the support. I have not tried Vita Enamic yet but the milling files are done.
Im a newbie as you can tell to anything outside of PMMA and zirconia. I could really profit if I could mill either material in multiple units with 5 axis accuracy for veneers. What do I do? The costs of shortening the bur life is worth being able to mill 4-6 units in one shot.
Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
I even reduced the mill and spindle speed to 50% and it still broke the crown off.

M

mowbraydental

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I should be in the same situation soon. 52D to mill a nano-ceramic block. Does it need special milling bur sets? Can I not use a carbide or diamond tool set?

Top Bottom