Vita Conversion Chart

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
it can be a pain...especially when you get to the 4R's and the 5M's...!!!

i will say...if you "dual build"...first bake / second bake...it does work...REAL WELL...!!!

most i know just use the systems that already "convert"...VM9...ceramco...that sort...
but shofu and noritake don't...!!! and...w/ this conversion...i don't worry about it...;)

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
btw...i don't think they were thinking about "converting"...the idea was to sell the dentists on a "new way" to take shades...easier...and it is...to pick them out...but to convert...HA...!!!
they want you to simply BUY the porc that is "converted"...(marketing thing)
got 2 luv it...?!?!

user name

user name

Reaction score
What guide is this?? Just recieved a case, posterior bridge and the script says either OM1C, or OMIC. I didnt find anything on the chart above. ???

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
OM1, OM2, and OM3 are all Vita 3D master bleaching shades. C would be the cervical maybe?????? Did they give a different shade for the middle or incisal?

user name

user name

Reaction score
OM1, OM2, and OM3 are all Vita 3D master bleaching shades. C would be the cervical maybe?????? Did they give a different shade for the middle or incisal?

Funny...talked to the Dr. this morning..Apparently he was showing the guide to the assistant in the pt.'s mouth and said, "1m1, see..", so the assistant wrote down '1m1 c'. Anyway, Ive got the porc. and opaque for that shade but I dont have a 3-D shade guide to compare it to. Does it come close to any of the e.max bl colors, or the dentsply illumine guide?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all the OM shades 1,2,3 match up with BL2 the best. 1M1 matches up best in my opinion to BL4, BL3 isn't bad either, just a tint light, hope that helps.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I like BL3. As stated above, it is just a TINY, TINY bit lighter (which is fine. this gives you the flexibility to shade down).

Old Navy Tech

Old Navy Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for the charts Travis... I they are pretty spot on... or so close that a little adjustment gets one on target.

W

wired1000

Reaction score
Data?

Hi Travis,

Did you eyeball these color conversions? Or do you have a spectrophotometer? Can you provide the L,a,b values for the Vita Classic shades?

R

Rock

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm using Replica teeth from Fricke dental..Does anyone have a conversion chart from bioform shades to Replica shades??

K

kevinmelles

Reaction score
Lab Guy. Do you have a chart for mixing different shades to get a new shade. For example. If you run out of A3.5, could one mix A2 an A4 to get A3.5 ??

dental_lab

dental_lab

Banned
Reaction score
thanks so much.
our laboratory use vita 3D shade guide,with your hele,we can accept other shade guide.
thanks.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
thanks so much.
our laboratory use vita 3D shade guide,with your hele,we can accept other shade guide.
thanks.

Great, just what I wanted to do, help out the Chinese....

C

charles007

Reaction score
Rob, almost fell out of my chair laughing :D

R

rocky

Reaction score
Yes, I wold like the conversion chart that Ivoclar sent you cause I'm trying to convert inline to vita 3d shades and this would help very much, thanks.

L

labmanmike

Reaction score
I find it best to use your own artistry rather than depending too much on charts and graphs. Start with the guide you are most familiar with and modify from there. Just my thoughts...

dental_lab

dental_lab

Banned
Reaction score
70 - A3.5 TRANS INC.
82 - A4/B4 MIX1/2 ORANGE MOD IN BUILD

for 70-A3.5 trans inc Bioform 70 same as A3.5 right?
for 82 i'm a little confuese of mod,what do you mean orange mod in build?

regards

S

samii

Reaction score
hi, i am a graduated technician, i need ur help, where can i find directions about full cerams like procera without use cad/cam? and without press system

Last edited:
G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hey Travis,

Many thanks for posting this a few years ago.

I have just found it and it is a great help.