Virus - All the threads in one

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Isn’t Florida is a mix of all Americans and others who immigrated to the sunshine state? And really no long term Floridian exist except the original inhabitants which are the natives, Florida was colonized by the Spanish, the French and Great Britain.
the governor should have issued a travel ban since state weather is desirable at this time of the year to stop the spread of the virus since Florida has a large population of elderly.
I lived in Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale in the early eighties and I heard the trim this person must be a New Yorker!
Of course it is an amalgam, as is this whole continent. The original inhabitants certainly had a different name for this land before the Spanish dubbed it land of flowers.
You don't necessarily Have to be born here to be known as a Floridian, just accept that it isn't your place of origin and understand that things may be done differently here. Have respect for that and even if you are a New Yorker or a Canadian, with time you will have the term Floridian bestowed on you by the locals because they will accept you for being a decent human being. It helps to not tell the locals how "everything is better from where ever you came from". The way we see it is, you should go back if it truly is better there and you can't adapt to the different way of life here.

Boca Raton is considered the Southernmost outpost of New York City. Lol

For some reason our Governor must think being wishy-washy about this situation is going to somehow garner him votes when the time comes. If he doesn't take the lead and truly govern in the best interest of the residents he will find himself looking for a job. The elderly, whether residents or snowbirds are a large part of the local economy down here through health care and the service/restaurant industry. Pretty sure a Florida restaurateur coined the term "Early Bird Special" trying to drum up some early evening business. When I was a kid the proportion of elderly to young folks was a larger spread than it is now, but the hospitals and other emergency resources could easily be over run if this 'pandemic' is a serious as we are being led to believe.
New Yorker's or anyone else coming here from areas of high incident of infection with this virus should be quarantined.I just don't see how it could be practically enforced without some sort of martial law situation which I would prefer to avoid. I doubt we have the resources down here to effectively 'close' the border. Will violators be shot for disregarding the closed border? IMO, we have already gone past the point of no return on containment. That virus is everywhere.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Of course it is an amalgam, as is this whole continent. The original inhabitants certainly had a different name for this land before the Spanish dubbed it land of flowers.
You don't necessarily Have to be born here to be known as a Floridian, just accept that it isn't your place of origin and understand that things may be done differently here. Have respect for that and even if you are a New Yorker or a Canadian, with time you will have the term Floridian bestowed on you by the locals because they will accept you for being a decent human being. It helps to not tell the locals how "everything is better from where ever you came from". The way we see it is, you should go back if it truly is better there and you can't adapt to the different way of life here.

Boca Raton is considered the Southernmost outpost of New York City. Lol

For some reason our Governor must think being wishy-washy about this situation is going to somehow garner him votes when the time comes. If he doesn't take the lead and truly govern in the best interest of the residents he will find himself looking for a job. The elderly, whether residents or snowbirds are a large part of the local economy down here through health care and the service/restaurant industry. Pretty sure a Florida restaurateur coined the term "Early Bird Special" trying to drum up some early evening business. When I was a kid the proportion of elderly to young folks was a larger spread than it is now, but the hospitals and other emergency resources could easily be over run if this 'pandemic' is a serious as we are being led to believe.
New Yorker's or anyone else coming here from areas of high incident of infection with this virus should be quarantined.I just don't see how it could be practically enforced without some sort of martial law situation which I would prefer to avoid. I doubt we have the resources down here to effectively 'close' the border. Will violators be shot for disregarding the closed border? IMO, we have already gone past the point of no return on containment. That virus is everywhere.
I totally understand what you saying, I see here in the North East, New York license plates which is unusual at this early time of the year, and many are afraid here of the virus is already spreading here too.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I totally understand what you saying, I see here in the North East, New York license plates which is unusual at this early time of the year, and many are afraid here of the virus is already spreading here too.
They are supposedly running out of space in the morgues in NYC. Many people are already carriers of this virus. It is possible to have it for some time, be contagious and not have symptoms. Here in Florida they have been trying to get drive through testing facilities set up There is one at the hospital across the street. The idea is to keep people that possibly have the virus out of the ER and hospital. By appointment only after interviewing the patient's by phone. They were supposed to start last week, but delays in protocol and obtaining test kits has stalled them. Orlando was supposed to have a large drive through testing area set up at the convention center, but it has been delayed as well. Not sure if they are up and running yet.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont get it.
If you have the virus, isnt it in your blood?
They are begging for donors and no idea if youre infected.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I dont get it.
If you have the virus, isnt it in your blood?
They are begging for donors and no idea if youre infected.
Blood goes through a lot of screening after it’s donated and before it’s used, maybe they can test for it?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Blood donations are tested for several diseases and then separated into the different components like platelets, plasma, etc to be used for different purposes.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the only thing my blood is good for is plasma. so i'm keeping it all.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Only Fools are Positive

moe-howard.jpg

I got a deferral on my mortgage

Top Bottom