Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
o

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
I think Im living in an alternate universe. We arent a bunch of idiots. This is a modern city, big University teaching hospitals.

Ive had Drs call and ask if cases will be delivered on Monday morning. As I drive around, the restaurants and bars look busy. I walked up to the hospital to give blood, and the doors are open, no one wearing masks, business as usual.

I just got back from the coffee shop, and if I didnt turn on the news, you wouldnt know there was anything going on.

Whats the deal? I dont mean its no big deal; Im just curious if theres 'normal' anywhere else. Ive talked to everyone I know. No ones sick. No one knows anyone whos sick.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I think Im living in an alternate universe. We arent a bunch of idiots. This is a modern city, big University teaching hospitals.

Ive had Drs call and ask if cases will be delivered on Monday morning. As I drive around, the restaurants and bars look busy. I walked up to the hospital to give blood, and the doors are open, no one wearing masks, business as usual.

I just got back from the coffee shop, and if I didnt turn on the news, you wouldnt know there was anything going on.

Whats the deal? I dont mean its no big deal; Im just curious if theres 'normal' anywhere else. Ive talked to everyone I know. No ones sick. No one knows anyone whos sick.
Your area is very lucky at the moment.
If the university had kids going to Florida beaches for spring break, things may start looking different very soon, unfortunately.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Did you follow how it developed in some EU countries ? Italy and Spain in particular ? When it spreads, it will spread exponentially... all you need is one infected asymptomatic person walking in your area, and boom... be cautious 😷

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Here you have to stand in line to get screened before you can get into the hospital. Sarah gets infusions twice a month and she canceled it yesterday rather than risk going to the hospital. She’s calling tomorrow to see if there’s another option. The number of cases here nearly doubled yesterday although they are still quite low.

ArtOrthoWendy

ArtOrthoWendy

Reaction score
We are in Virginia and all of our doctors have shut down for 2 weeks but possibly longer until further notice. So we have finished all scans and appliances.. Now we wait. Has this shut down anyone else here?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just took the dog for a run out by the airport (open spaces),and it looked full. Lots of cars, plenty of planes coming and going. I thought everything was at a stand-still, but clearly people are going somewhere. ?

I wont say Im not nervous.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We are in Virginia and all of our doctors have shut down for 2 weeks but possibly longer until further notice. So we have finished all scans and appliances.. Now we wait. Has this shut down anyone else here?
What part of Virginia? We're in Virginia Beach, and some of the Dr's are heeding the warnings but there are a lot that are going about business as usual.
We're closed until 4/1/20 and will reassess then.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
The owner of the business next to my lab is from Spain and has relatives there. He told me last week it is as bad as is reported. I did maintain social distance.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I just took the dog for a run out by the airport (open spaces),and it looked full. Lots of cars, plenty of planes coming and going. I thought everything was at a stand-still, but clearly people are going somewhere. ?

I wont say Im not nervous.
Probably going to FL for Spring Break....

ArtOrthoWendy

ArtOrthoWendy

Reaction score
What part of Virginia? We're in Virginia Beach, and some of the Dr's are heeding the warnings but there are a lot that are going about business as usual.
We're closed until 4/1/20 and will reassess then.

We're in Yorktown, and all of our doctors are on the Peninsula. All of them have closed until at least the end of the month, hopefully we can all get back to it in April. We've let them know were available for anything we can do but so far they are all staying closed until then at least

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
That just ignorance your seeing. And lack of human compassion. They are putting people at risk.

I'm glad our border is shut down.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

The roads are like they were 5 years ago before the huge influx of people came in, not that busy, some people wearing gloves and masks, some not. Found out I'm allergic to the hand sanitizer I'm using, no amount of soap is removing the smell. Lots of people at the stores, not one roll of toilet paper to be found anywhere. Got my groceries and Whataburger and won't go out again for a long time. I saw maybe one in a hundred people with respirators on and many more just wearing gloves. I was only using lots of hand sanitizer and I'm paying the price right now :p

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I guess these youngster's aren't done yet??

Sad thing is they're headed back where they came from soon.

Top Bottom