Virus - All the threads in one

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I used to intern in the OR in high school, Ive seen things I can never unsee.. tubes of plaque being pulled out of an aorta on a beating heart... entire digestive tract laying in a dish next to the patient.. incredible.
Do you binge watch Dr Pimple Popper?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I used to intern in the OR in high school, Ive seen things I can never unsee.. tubes of plaque being pulled out of an aorta on a beating heart... entire digestive tract laying in a dish next to the patient.. incredible.
I didn't get that priveledge.
I did get the behind the scenes version of radiology. Someone had a actual xray film they'd found somewhere of Homer Simpson as an outline and his brain about the size of a walnut. It was kept on the lightbox in the film room. Back when Coke was a Cola, a joint was a bad place to be, and Nixon hadn't lied to us all on tv and we had to use a film cassette for each image instead of digital sensors.

edit:I think it's time to check the label on this sparkling stuff, yep, can't handle my non-alcoholic cider anymore.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I didnt even get to the penile implant surgery yet...
I'll tee that one up for RKMs monday morn.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Penile implant jokes? That’s too hard.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Maybe @Affinity could describe the procedure? Just give us the long and the short of it?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Penile implant sounds like something that could happen at a penal colony?

user name

user name

Reaction score
user name

user name

Reaction score

And...approx 3000 babies are killed by abortion every day in the US.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just to be fair, it’s a bit disingenuous to compare this virus, which is just beginning, to ones that have come and gone and some of which lasted for years and years, and in some cases decades.
That’s not to say that ultimately it won’t be correct, just that at this point it’s largely meaningless.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not a Doctor, and Im not smarter than anyone else. (Ok, Im smarter than a lot of people. So are most of you)
Heres a guarantee. We are all going to die. You cant hide from it. We can modify our behavior to mitigate some level of risk, but you ALL are living risky in ways we dont always recognize. We're not stupid. We're just busy LIVING!

Ride dangerous toys? Wear a helmet.
Screw around? Wear a condom.
Drink? Dont drive...or internet shop.
Dont stick your fingers in your mouth, or eyes, or nose. Not just because of this virus. Because germs and virus' are everywhere.
At somepoint, you will stop breathing. Until then...
LIVE!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
at what point should you say to yourself, gee theres a communicable disease out there that threatens to kill me prematurely and the only known treatment is to wait and see if it kills me - maybe i shouldn't go outside unless its necessary.

how many deaths scare you? what metric would give you pause?

heart disease kills more people globally than most viruses and rises from obesity and lack of hygiene. doesn't stop people eating hamburgers and watching netflix in week old jammies.

the only thing spreading the death toll is wilful ignorance. 'it can't be that bad it hasn't killed as many people as cancer' or 'i'm a healthy adult i'll be fine'

its a dangerous mindset to be thinking the risk of death by car accident is still greater than the risk of viral infection so why care about the virus at all.

its dangerous because its wilful ignorance; ignore experts from all around the world who tell you staying inside will help slow the spread and save lives - who cares i want iced cream, ignore them they are the corrupt government tyrannically oppressing us but which i also voted for and will do so again.

at what point - or by what metric - do these people think its starting to be a good idea to stay inside? 1 million dead? per day? nonexistent bread supply? no electrical power? no potable water?

i can't wait to see.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There are just as many experts saying the experts are full of sht , theyre just not on cnn.

People are already willing to commit suicide to not get this, the rest staying in moms basement are doing the same thing. The ones who get back to work will pay to feed these people that are afraid to go outside. Same ol song.

Top Bottom