Virus - All the threads in one

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is it even possible to determine if people have this virus, who can even get tested?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Is it even possible to determine if people have this virus, who can even get tested?
Perhaps we should look at Asian countries like Korea on how to test for this virus. They are conducting 10k a day and then isolating anyone they find that tests positive. Meanwhile, in 'Merica, we haven't done more than 15k tests total. Problem is, if you test and find lots of people with the virus, then it might look like your administration is incompetent and you might lose an election.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
w

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You should assume that every person coming in has something and take appropriate infection control methods. I wouldn't quit over the virus. I'd wear the mask/face shield, I wouldn't take my work clothes home, and all the other precautions. The worst thing about this virus is that there aren't enough tests out there, that is the fault of people who should have been prepared over a month ago. In fact,

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Perhaps we should look at Asian countries like Korea on how to test for this virus. They are conducting 10k a day and then isolating anyone they find that tests positive. Meanwhile, in 'Merica, we haven't done more than 15k tests total. Problem is, if you test and find lots of people with the virus, then it might look like your administration is incompetent and you might lose an election.
I think any candidate that still thinks " open boarders" is good for the country may find that public opinion may not be on their side.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I think any candidate that still thinks " open boarders" is good for the country may find that public opinion may not be on their side.
Do you like to troll a lot rkm? Maturity or immaturity knows no age limit I guess :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You should assume that every person coming in has something and take appropriate infection control methods. I wouldn't quit over the virus. I'd wear the mask/face shield, I wouldn't take my work clothes home, and all the other precautions. The worst thing about this virus is that there aren't enough tests out there, that is the fault of people who should have been prepared over a month ago. In fact,
Our hospitals have created a drive through testing area .
However by the time you find out you have the virus, you've probably infected 14 days worth of people.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You have a problem with logic? Russia closed it's boarders in January and has had minimal cases.
Personal attacks are your default position .
We would never know how many cases Russia actually has and our great leader closed off countries and not the UK who has a lot of cases of their own, and there are state borders that are open to everyone. You are entitled to your opinion but seems like trolling to me, other people don't think the same.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe we can look at this past" orange man bad".
Does it make sense to outsource all of our medical supplies to China?
Bringing manufacturing back to the local level will be a wise policy.
Globalization does have it's consequences.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We would never know how many cases Russia actually has and our great leader closed off countries and not the UK who has a lot of cases of their own, and there are state boarders that are open to everyone. You are entitled to your opinion but seems like trolling to me, other people don't think the same.
I forgot, anyone who thinks differently than you is a racist, blahblahblah troll. Put me on your ignore list why don't you.
Your intolerance is getting boring.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I disagree, all nations can not close borders and pretend every other nation is inferior

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Maybe we can look at this past" orange man bad".
Does it make sense to outsource all of our medical supplies to China?
Bringing manufacturing back to the local level will be a wise policy.
Globalization does have it's consequences.

Totally agree we should bring back medical manufacturing to the US, but to vilify people in another country is just wrong. If we had proper infection control (take temp and look for sick people)at the borders, states included, or even a government agency anymore that watched for pandemics, then we would be far ahead.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I forgot, anyone who thinks differently than you is a racist, blahblahblah troll. Put me on your ignore list why don't you.
Your intolerance is getting boring.
Lol, sorry I don't ignore, you can ignore me :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I disagree, all nations can not close borders and pretend every other nation is inferior
I'm not talking about closing boarders. I think most people want proper vetting.
I can't drive across the bridge to NY without going through customs.
Why bother testing for any virus if you have people hopping the fence?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I write something snarky and true about how Trump has handled the CV and the reply I get is about "open boarder"? This isn't a serious response and only attempts at deflecting the attention away from how poorly Trump has "managed" this so far.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
" look for sick people)at the borders, states included, "

make up your mind, that's not " open boarders"
Thanks for making my point.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
But I'll bite. Mexico has 12 total cases of CV. We have 1,832 as of today. Maybe Mexico should pay for the wall to keep us infected gringos from coming down to their country.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I write something snarky and true about how Trump has handled the CV and the reply I get is about "open boarder"? This isn't a serious response and only attempts at deflecting the attention away from how poorly Trump has "managed" this so far.
Its a global pandemic, I think all leaders have dropped the ball.
You have to shut everything down to flatten this. That means closing down the open boarders.

Top Bottom