"Virtual" retention beads - 3Shape

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Since I'm doing also some metal composite crowns by hand and I'm interested in transfering everything into digital workflow as much as possible, I got a q, how to "draw" or implement retention pearls or beads? Metal is going to be SLM so I think no problems should pop-up. Does anyone maybe have files or suggestions how do it? Because manually drawing each one separately would kill me. :)

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Since I'm doing also some metal composite crowns by hand and I'm interested in transfering everything into digital workflow as much as possible, I got a q, how to "draw" or implement retention pearls or beads? Metal is going to be SLM so I think no problems should pop-up. Does anyone maybe have files or suggestions how do it? Because manually drawing each one separately would kill me. :)
What type of composite are you using?

I do lots of metal composites and have never used retention beads.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Shofu Ceramage. I know about the beads that they are not necessary but still, if there's enough space I'd like to be on safe side.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
yes, to do it go to the Sculpt stage, and use the virtual wax knife. use Small radius, huge amplitude and do single clicks on your coping surface. the surface of the coping will end up more wavy than beady but the effect should be much the same.

alternatively ask the SLM people to send you UNFINISHED units. you can then ensure that the exterior is not finished down to smooth. downside of this however is your intaglio surface will need finishing and fitting.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Ahh
Shofu Ceramage. I know about the beads that they are not necessary but still, if there's enough space I'd like to be on safe side.
Ahh, always better to to be safe than sorry.;)

Top Bottom