Virgin Miller

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I always say you get what you pay for so it's usually worth it to go with the most expensive equipment hands down. That goes for mills, air compressors, dust collectors, printers, computers, zirconia, ovens, both porcelain and sintering, and so on. I've gone cheap and the expensive equipment makes life easier. Also, don't fall into the trap of buying everything from one supplier as they will lock you into only having certain options available many times. Best to spread it out among multiple vendors to keep things open. Make sure you're ready or your assistant's are ready to trouble shoot computer and equipment problems as they arise because Murphey loves to show up as frequently as possible with this stuff! Ha!
With what you're wanting to do you'll definitely want two mills at the minimum though.
Try to keep your same integrity you have now with regards to lab work quality. If anything was acceptable it will be an easier transition for you. But if you wanted things to look natural fit healthily then you'll want to cook your zirconia overnight make sure your prep shapes are something your chosen system can handle to mill sealed margins and contacts. I've seen a lot of doctor-turned-lab-guy crowns and there are very few that look ok, and great looking work (most of this websites labs do great work) is pretty rare. Most of the chairside work is just awful. Like really sad for the patient. The super fast zirconia infuriates me when an account who was the most demanding of perfection starts to proudly cement those chalk teeth cause they could do it in a day. If I ever did that work they would be calling and letting me know about it! Shocking. So just do your best for the patients! My wife was butchered by dentists and their crappy crowns so I'm a little sensitive...
But, again, start with the high quality expensive equipment.
Good luck to you in your future endeavor!
I remember going to a Sirona event and they had a super sinter oven, 12 MINUTES CYCLE. I asked the rep if they had also developed a new physical and chemical Zr that would suit such a cycle. Never forget the look on his face...Full Vaccum🙂 People who try to bend Physics get BENT

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
A four Doc office wanting to do all the lab work...oh this is going to be good. My advice, set up a webcam and sell tickets to the eventual shltshow that's about to happen.
Happening now🙂

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. We will be training our staff. We had an inhouse lab for 20 years, they retired and we want to get another one going. We will be sending out our anterior work to a more skilled technician, but for posterior molars we will learn the process of milling then convert to same day once workflow is figured out. I will definitely take a look at versamill. Any other advice or suggestions? Seems like people in these forums don't like new comers dipping their toes into this sector. We need to start somewhere.
I would look into printing first

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. We will be training our staff. We had an inhouse lab for 20 years, they retired and we want to get another one going. We will be sending out our anterior work to a more skilled technician, but for posterior molars we will learn the process of milling then convert to same day once workflow is figured out. I will definitely take a look at versamill. Any other advice or suggestions? Seems like people in these forums don't like new comers dipping their toes into this sector. We need to start somewhere.
That is not what we do here all is welcome but there is a lot of miss information given to Drs since they take what they are told for granted unlike dental tech who research and get informed about all the info we get. For example I had a Dr who was sold a chair side milling machine for same day and pre sintered zirconia for almost $40k. Yet they did not tel him that Zirconia by nature is not fluorescent and had to be glazed . His answer was I just put it in the posterior area this is the reason why you get these kind of answers here. Too bad for the patient who paid a lot for that from.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe this is the hygienist who got banned last week? Lol. ‘Damn, I really had more questions I needed answered.’ 😂

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hey y'all.

I am a dentist in a 4 doc group practice. Heavy bread and butter dentistry. We are wanting to purchase an in house mill that can provide same day crowns and mill dentures. More heavily zirconium, rare occasion emax, and lots of removable. We are being advised to purchase planmeca 60s. Ivoclar came to our office to show off their dual shade pucks ivotion. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Are dual pucks from ivoclar worth the squeeze? Will other brands becoming out with dual pucks such as ivotion? Budget is not so much of a concern, but it is taken into consideration. Thanks in advance!!
Choose the Planmeca, great accurate mill for the money. .Several of my clients have switched to milling in the office for same day, especially zirconium crowns.
Some like the Ivoclar, but they say they should have bought Planmeca and saved the difference to buy blanks and such. Sounds like you have a good plan, so go full speed ahead. But with that large of a group, you might need two mills for that much volume.

The other guy was right about 3D printing dentures. Much faster and cost effective, You really need a mill,, AND a 3D Printer system to do what your wanting for same day services. Don't worry about the money, it pays for itself. It's a No- Brainer

Anyway wish you good luck, nice to know another dentist doesn't mind investing in his practice to offer care for his patients using the latest in technology.

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the Carbon printer is the "go to" for sure!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
You already are Super Dave Adore
Too funny Rob but this s✓it really gets me going. Glad we're on the backside of this and not the start of the Not Bell Curve to be. Hope you're enjoying near summer temps at your cottage and perhaps making use of your generator 🙄 Montreal got creamed again, still some without power almost a week later.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think that DLN should charge a click fee for any dentist needing help as im sure they understand that it would be rude to ask for it for free. But I will offer this free advice anyway you will need to hire 2 well trained techs and you will need to pay them enough not to start their own lab because they will be of that standard that they could if they wanted to.

i

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
A four Doc office wanting to do all the lab work...oh this is going to be good. My advice, set up a webcam and sell tickets to the eventual shltshow that's about to happen.

Attachments

• 1e38454f726d848be38c32aecdf4688e--uniform-ushers.jpg
    1e38454f726d848be38c32aecdf4688e--uniform-ushers.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine going on a Land Rover technician site and asking advice to do a brake job because you’re too f’n cheap to pay a qualified tech to do it?
Me either.

Top Bottom