VHF R5

S

SDLAB

Reaction score
Hi All,

I a a newbie here. I am starting a small lab and was curious if anyone has bought, used or has any experience with the VHF R5?

Thank you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive got an S2, I like the business model of VHF, lots of info on their site, the guys in NY are very helpful. No experience with the R5 but it sounds like a no brainer if you have the money, its a pretty sweet mill. I think its $59k.. The weak spot if any to me is the CAM.. but I dont have that much experience with it yet.. and every CAM has something that could be improved. Id like to know what owners think too. Ive heard theyre flying off the shelf..

S

SDLAB

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I have heard lots of good things but nothing from actual owners. I believe Cam8 is about to be released which will be a huge improvement.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was told last week, 8-10 months CAM 8 will be out..

S

SDLAB

Reaction score
I think it might be sooner. Let us see- one of us will be right LOL

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It could be, but thats what I was told by VHF. Im sure they would rather put a long timeline on it and come out with it sooner than promise it soon and it be delayed. The best thing is there are no upgrade fees to get the new software like hyperdent and others.

S

SDLAB

Reaction score
It could be, but thats what I was told by VHF. Im sure they would rather put a long timeline on it and come out with it sooner than promise it soon and it be delayed. The best thing is there are no upgrade fees to get the new software like hyperdent and others.
I was told no upgrade fees within the version but there will be a fee for upgrading from cam7 to cam8. Can you confirm this?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Youre right, I think I misspoke, you dont have to buy the full new software, just the upgrade fee. I was quoted $1295 from EP for cam 7 if you upgrade from 6, and around $4k if you dont have a license. Unfortunately my machine didnt have a license on it, so I had to get the full version, so I will have to pay for both

S

SDLAB

Reaction score
I believe cam8 is due end of month! This is super exciting. GUI looks great and mill times have improved up to 35% from c7.

Top Bottom