vhf mills

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Does anyone mill Ti bars with any vhf mill and to what success if they have. I have been offered a 2nd hand mill and when i asked if it can mill ti bars i got the sure it can. i have trailed these machines before and wasnt that impressed but hat was 18 months back has anything changed. thanks in advance for your imput..

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
The vhf with wet option will mill titanium ( I do prefabs, they are really good 9 ),but milling ti bars is a tricky job. You will need an other camsoftware with special templates, and time for these jobs is long. why don`t send to scotty or anyone other?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i agree outsourcing is a good option. i have an m4 ZZ mill that mills ti bars very well. i also do genuine bars for biocare and the other implant companies ie atlantis etc when the dentists need it my mantra is genuine where ever possible . i was trying to get whether this guy was a BS er or not to try and gauge how much work this mill has done. By the sounds of it im not going to get the truth, as from what you have told me is exactly what i thought their mills could do nothing has really changed. thanks for your help bigbrush.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zero have you had any experience milling bars with vhf machines?

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
Does anyone mill Ti bars with any vhf mill and to what success if they have. I have been offered a 2nd hand mill and when i asked if it can mill ti bars i got the sure it can. i have trailed these machines before and wasnt that impressed but hat was 18 months back has anything changed. thanks in advance for your imput..

If milling titanium bars was so easy everyone would do it. "Sure it can"

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
S1& S2 can mill them but in all honesty i would never attempt to. Spindle is no where near the torque needed .6kw at that. I would go for Axis 5x200 3kw spindle for a much better outcome, but even those mills will wither out in the long run.

Top Bottom