VHF k5 vs yenadent D15

H

haydar84

Reaction score
Hi , I want to buy my first mill and I'm torn between these two mills , I want to do zirconia and PMMA mainly and be able to mill prefab abutments , some hard metal copings occasionally and PEEK , what do you suggest is the better option?
Thanks

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
how would you mill prefabs in a K 5 ?? one big boom titanium explosion K 5 is a dry mill

H

haydar84

Reaction score
how would you mill prefabs in a K 5 ?? one big boom titanium explosion K 5 is a dry mill
Forgive my ignorance 😅 , so in a head to head comparison which one is better considering the yenadent has IMT 1.3 KW and VHF has 0.5 KW spindle

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance 😅 , so in a head to head comparison which one is better considering the yenadent has IMT 1.3 KW and VHF has 0.5 KW spindle

not possible K 5 is around 20 K Euro D 15 around 30 service on a K 5 could be done from an "ape" D 15 if you have one in your area its ok ,if not forget it. ask before how much they charge you for service

H

haydar84

Reaction score
not possible K 5 is around 20 K Euro D 15 around 30 service on a K 5 could be done from an "ape" D 15 if you have one in your area its ok ,if not forget it. ask before how much they charge you for service
There is no D15 service but they said all problems can be solved by training me for several days in their facility and giving online assistance ,actually I'm leaning towards D15 but is it strong and of high quality? Or should I stick with K5? By the way K5 is 27 K Euro here and D15 from 30-40 K euros depending on options

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
There is no D15 service but they said all problems can be solved by training me for several days in their facility and giving online assistance ,actually I'm leaning towards D15 but is it strong and of high quality? Or should I stick with K5? By the way K5 is 27 K Euro here and D15 from 30-40 K euros depending on options
Where are you located the "old" K 5 is sold a bit under 20 K the new with only minor changes for a lot more Ali would promise you everything but not everything could be done online, or even with online support only !! if you have no one in your area forget it. a lot things could be done by a trained user but only maybe 50 %

Last edited:
H

haydar84

Reaction score
Where are you located the "old" K 5 is sold a bit under 20 K the new with only minor changes for a lot more Ali would promise you everything but not everything could be done online, or even with online support only !! if you have no one in your area forget it. a lot things could be done by a trained user but only maybe 50 %
I'm in Iraq-Baghdad , they say that there are several machines in my city bought by different labs , but AFAIK there is no official reseller or service everyone must take care of himself , there are several highly qualified repairmen to repair any mill in general this is how things mostly done here 🤐 , the K5 is not VHF brand , it's rebranded with some other name and it's not the + version its the old one I guess , everything here is overpriced due to poor logistics , I was qouted 16K $ for DOF UHD scanner without exocad which I think is highly overpriced.
Do you have a suggestion for a sturdy mill that can mill anything zr, ceramic , Ti , CrCo??

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I'm in Iraq-Baghdad , they say that there are several machines in my city bought by different labs , but AFAIK there is no official reseller or service everyone must take care of himself , there are several highly qualified repairmen to repair any mill in general this is how things mostly done here 🤐 , the K5 is not VHF brand , it's rebranded with some other name and it's not the + version its the old one I guess , everything here is overpriced due to poor logistics , I was qouted 16K $ for DOF UHD scanner without exocad which I think is highly overpriced.
Do you have a suggestion for a sturdy mill that can mill anything zr, ceramic , Ti , CrCo??
ill will ask a friend next week if he has although contacts in your area so ill come back takes a bit time.