VHF Burs

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Was wondering who sells the best VHF milling burs?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
JENSEN, imo I only used there tools as they have tested and support them. It also depends on the mill. I have one that measures with a electrical touch off and had bad experiences with the diamond coated. That being said, there are many manufacturers, find one that meets your expectations, the ones I use add almost 1$-1.5$ per unit of FCZ. my 2cents

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
We use Sierra tools for 2mm and get hundreds of parts per tool. If we begin to see chipping we inspect the tools at 20 x magnification to decide which to change. Usually if a Sierra is bad you will find a chip. We use jensen zr 1mm tools and they are holding up OK as well. Especially with the most recent strategies that they have implemented. In the .6 spot we use a plain carbide to increase conductivity. This has been our most issue prone tool for touch plate dents.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
For WAX/PMMA Sierra Razor Sharp 2mm and 1mm for the .6mm WAX/ZR/PMMA MFG burs. For ZR Sierra 2mm Diamond (425cut on average) then I like to use the 1mm Razor sharp on ZR as well I get an average of around 125 cuts for $50.00. Other then those IMO nothing else.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Anybody using the razor sharp for 2mm and 1mm for zr? We are changing 2mm jensen burs like every week it seems. We only mill about 7 crowns a day on average. Any ideas?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anybody using the razor sharp for 2mm and 1mm for zr? We are changing 2mm jensen burs like every week it seems. We only mill about 7 crowns a day on average. Any ideas?
Keep meaning to tell you, I love the doggie pic. Wonderful.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Keep meaning to tell you, I love the doggie pic. Wonderful.

Thanks. She likes taking selfies. Haha. I like how you are a "Christian member".

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Call Jensen, if u use other tools u may get better or worse results. I use the vhf tools sold by Jensen and get 60-80 crown out of my #6 roughing tool and about 75-90 on the 1 mm and over 200 on the # 1 2 mm tool. I steam clean before every use and make sure to do collet maintenance weekly. I would suspect something going on besides the tools as they last longer than 35 units for me and I don't allow any chipped units out of the milling process. It does depend on materials, my number above r with Jensen XT it is less with the higher trans material as its harder. My 2 cents

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Sierra Nano Di 2mm and Sierra Razor Sharp 1mm and VHF stock .6mm for ZR on my K4 roughly 250 to 300 on the 2mm Nano Di and i have hit upto 400 on the 1mm Razor Sharps easy. The 2mm Razor sharps to no last very long on the ZR maybe 70 to 80 units then milling is very loud. I also use the Razor Sharps on my wax/pmma.

Milling 20 plus units a day on just that mill, also have a mini and VHF S1. Just recently switch the K4 to mini tools cause im running both K4 and Mini off the wieland CAM so they both need the same tooling. But prior to the addition of the mini Sierra tools all day long with great results.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ill give it a try!