Vaniman Product so bad

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
It would be ridiculous if I wasn't so steaming mad.

Vaniman: Re: Static Shield Protector.

We received and install a protectant shield on our Vaniman sandblaster. It is so blurry that the 4 year old sheild it replaced is far clearer than the new one (1 of 12 sent).

user name

user name

Reaction score
It would be ridiculous if I wasn't so steaming mad.

Vaniman: Re: Static Shield Protector.

We received and install a protectant shield on our Vaniman sandblaster. It is so blurry that the 4 year old sheild it replaced is far clearer than the new one (1 of 12 sent).
They are a joke. To be any good, youd need a new one every day. I just bite the bullet and but replacement glass every few months.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
They are a joke. To be any good, youd need a new one every day. I just bite the bullet and but replacement glass every few months.
I have already printed the return sticker for the package. I purchased this through Zahn, and was pleased with the return policy. I assume the refund will take a few weeks. But still, I can't believe Vaniman could think this product acceptable.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have already printed the return sticker for the package. I purchased this through Zahn, and was pleased with the return policy. I assume the refund will take a few weeks. But still, I can't believe Vaniman could think this product acceptable.
If it doesn't have cracks running through it, it's shipped. They are not looking at every one to see how clearly it is made, just if it is in one piece.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
If it doesn't have cracks running through it, it's shipped. They are not looking at every one to see how clearly it is made, just if it is in one piece.
Makes sense JMN. However, this was a film. Clear (it wasn't ) plastic protestant that is rolled on the glass. The old coating (the film from the original unit) was in better shape than this one (actually there was 12).

user name

user name

Reaction score
The Vanimann stuff is so bad, even applied to new glass,its still hard to see. I like the plastic food wrap idea. Good one. :cool:

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
@LifeLike I was going to suggest that as well. A lab I worked at many moons ago use to do that trick
and it works well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
cheaper and less labor to just order a new one every 2-3mo
i think its like $40 for 2 of them. not bad. plastic wrap i got through a tube a month....so it was a no brainer to stop doing that crap and just buy a new one with the monthly order

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Find a local glass shop, the one here charges like $7 apiece when we got the whole 4x8 sheet cut at once.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Another good trick is to put clear packing tape on the glass. Even if it's already pitted and scarred. The tape fills the pits and makes the whole piece of glass more clear by creating a flat surface with minimal and more uniform refraction than it was before the tape, and when it gets too bad you can peel and replace the tape.

Same trick works on the 'privacy' frosted glass. Put tape on it on the frosted side and it becomes quite clear.

Edit: add youtube
edit again for 2nd grade spelling errors. Big thumbs, little buttons.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Another good trick is to put clear packing tape on the glass. Even if it's already pitted and scarred. The tape fills the pits and makes the whole piece of glass more clear by creating a flat surface with minimal and more uniform refraction than it was before the tape, and when it gets too bad you can peel and replace the tape.

Same trick works on the 'privacy' frosted glass. Put tape on it on the frosted side and it becomes quite clear.

Edit: add youtube
edit again for 2nd grade spelling errors. Big thumbs, little buttons.

Packing tape on frosted glass?. I did not know that!

Top Bottom