UVC Disinfection, Please chime in, could be a Major freind in our futures.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Have been studing this since SARS 2003, was actually developing a pass through device similar to a microwave oven looking set up. Difference being all walls tube lined with UVC. Place inside and start, green light on other side of wall to retrieve. Kill time is soley power of light source and consideration of distance from × time. This has been a decades long service of sterilisation of water and air. Due to it's remarkable effectiveness, Very short times of exposure are required. I have had this interest since 2003, if anyone shares this passion please chime in and share Now!
I do know they have robots ( like R2D2) working in hospitals, rotating through potentially contaminated ops and reducing all to near zero inside near 30 min or way less depending on size, typical dental op, likely 15-20 min, air, surfaces Done. This is a theoretical equation, but to date after at least 100yrs, nothing survives an appropriate UVC dose that we need concern of.
We have the wonders of Wave Specific LED lamps also, not so subject to lamp ware by turning them on and off 20× a day. A Typical lamp , non LED, rated at 5000 hours of continuous operation to treat drinking water would lessen to perhaps 50 hours if we used in lab and on/ off constantly. Please add in, our Dental Clients are facing an Absolutely Ridiculous War aginst this beast, I truly believe UVC would help level the field for sure.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Have been studing this since SARS 2003, was actually developing a pass through device similar to a microwave oven looking set up. Difference being all walls tube lined with UVC. Place inside and start, green light on other side of wall to retrieve. Kill time is soley power of light source and consideration of distance from × time. This has been a decades long service of sterilisation of water and air. Due to it's remarkable effectiveness, Very short times of exposure are required. I have had this interest since 2003, if anyone shares this passion please chime in and share Now!
I do know they have robots ( like R2D2) working in hospitals, rotating through potentially contaminated ops and reducing all to near zero inside near 30 min or way less depending on size, typical dental op, likely 15-20 min, air, surfaces Done. This is a theoretical equation, but to date after at least 100yrs, nothing survives an appropriate UVC dose that we need concern of.
We have the wonders of Wave Specific LED lamps also, not so subject to lamp ware by turning them on and off 20× a day. A Typical lamp , non LED, rated at 5000 hours of continuous operation to treat drinking water would lessen to perhaps 50 hours if we used in lab and on/ off constantly. Please add in, our Dental Clients are facing an Absolutely Ridiculous War aginst this beast, I truly believe UVC would help level the field for sure.
This has been my focus since Mid March, Because of SARS 2003. Anyone who knows anything, please add your knowledge Now! Saw a Doc on YouTube fabricating a light box to sterilize N95 Masks. I made the same box a year earlier to cure composites. Going to re-equip now as we have a nice dental wave lenght set-up!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
This has been my focus since Mid March, Because of SARS 2003. Anyone who knows anything, please add your knowledge Now! Saw a Doc on YouTube fabricating a light box to sterilize N95 Masks. I made the same box a year earlier to cure composites. Going to re-equip now as we have a nice dental wave lenght set-up!
Btw, this may be The only saviour of our business life beyond vaccination. Do some research, typically a sound vaccine is developed over 20 years. Lets get together as ONE on this, perhaps we can collaborate and burn this germ!!!, we can!!!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Btw, this may be The only saviour of our business life beyond vaccination. Do some research, typically a sound vaccine is developed over 20 years. Lets get together as ONE on this, perhaps we can collaborate and burn this germ!!!, we can!!!
That was a consensus today, asked if maybe 12-28mo was ANSWER 20 YEARS. MY POINT, RAPID TESTING, 15 MIN IN WAITING ROOM/TREAT OR DONT TREAT RESULT BASED PERIOD!!!

We have Rapid Testing Technology available Now, just needs to get to practices!!! Thanks You So much!!!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
AFAIK, UVC creates ozone which is quite harmful for our heath and destroys rubber and plastics in no time... make sure is vented outside

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
UVC treatment will only kill what the light reaches. N95 masks work by having mamy many many layers which the particles (virus in this case) cannot navigate succesfully from one side to the other.

These is a solution that has been approved in a road tractor size trailer which passes presurized gas through the masks.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
AFAIK, UVC creates ozone which is quite harmful for our heath and destroys rubber and plastics in no time... make sure is vented outside
Some also say no Ozone and some say Ozone completes dissifection. Don't we need more Ozone vs Co2 anyway? Im too tired to even intelligently ask this right now. Will re-connect Zero and thanks!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
UVC treatment will only kill what the light reaches. N95 masks work by having mamy many many layers which the particles (virus in this case) cannot navigate succesfully from one side to the other.

These is a solution that has been approved in a road tractor size trailer which passes presurized gas through the masks.
Depends on light volume, if VERY intense, say light will bounce off of other surfaces and engage shadows. My point at the first level, the Air is Sterile.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Depends on light volume, if VERY intense, say light will bounce off of other surfaces and engage shadows. My point at the first level, the Air is Sterile.
A true mathematical formula has been arrived at and proven efficacy for multiple decades. We now have on our menu LED's of Specific wavelengths . On off not an issue. 50000 hours typical life, if you believe that or not. But the LED's are not prone as the tube lamps for rapid switching. JMN, you may certainly know more about that than me, just need help in arriving at a solution for dental practices face a nightmare in treating a Single patient.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Seriously , UVC, you heard it here quite 1st
I heard about uvc elsewhere. I don't see most offices going in that direction.
In fact I see most hospitals using non m95 surgical masks with face shields.
Many mixed messages on masks from those in the know. M95s need to fit with custom adapters .
Wtf knows anymore.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
UVC unit and static air scrubbers installed in this office last week.

I had UVC in HVAC system at a previous house. Certainly kept the coil and drip pan cleaner.

user name

user name

Reaction score
N-95 is just a mask that fits reasonably well and filters 95% of particles. Theres a difference between a standard N-95 and a surgical N-95. KN-95 is Chinese made and has ear loops rather than straps; its what Dentsply is giving away free.
Theres also R-95, P-95, N-99, N-100 and many more.
Lots of stuff to read out there if youre looking for masks. N-95 isnt the best out there; its the bare minimum.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
N-95 is just a mask that fits reasonably well and filters 95% of particles. Theres a difference between a standard N-95 and a surgical N-95. KN-95 is Chinese made and has ear loops rather than straps; its what Dentsply is giving away free.
Lots of stuff to read out there if youre looking for masks. N-95 isnt the best out there; its the bare minimum.
I just wear a Lone Ranger mask because it’s my personal favorite.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Mask1.jpg

Here's the one we are using.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I had a very unpleasant phone call with a doc who insisted I needed no mask at all.
To give the benifit of the doubt, he has probably been dealing with turning a multi-op bay into separate ops. Was laid out with freestanding non-wall height office dividers between areas and full airflow from all to the others.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I heard about uvc elsewhere. I don't see most offices going in that direction.
In fact I see most hospitals using non m95 surgical masks with face shields.
Many mixed messages on masks from those in the know. M95s need to fit with custom adapters .
Wtf knows anymore.
It turns out that "The" recipe for global N 95 masks lies in the hands of one company in B.C. Canada. The mesh formation is electrostatic and that is what captures pathogens. Yes, they need to be fitted, you tube tutorials abound on this subject. Have heard recently of protocols suggesting a regular surgical mask be used on top of an N95 so it can be used for a full shift and the plain surgical mask can be discarded as need be. High power UVC can remedy so much in our current environment. It has recently been suggested that a dental operatory (with floor to ceiling deviders and doors) be left to stand empty for 120 min before starting normal cleansing/ wipe down procedures due to possible arosolation of the virus during a procedure. That is serious $hit that can't last long at all.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
It turns out that "The" recipe for global N 95 masks lies in the hands of one company in B.C. Canada. The mesh formation is electrostatic and that is what captures pathogens. Yes, they need to be fitted, you tube tutorials abound on this subject. Have heard recently of protocols suggesting a regular surgical mask be used on top of an N95 so it can be used for a full shift and the plain surgical mask can be discarded as need be. High power UVC can remedy so much in our current environment. It has recently been suggested that a dental operatory (with floor to ceiling deviders and doors) be left to stand empty for 120 min before starting normal cleansing/ wipe down procedures due to possible arosolation of the virus during a procedure. That is serious $hit that can't last long at all.
I'm also very concerned about False N 95 masks being imported, a grave concern to say the least. China can copy just about anything, but I seriously doubt that they can nail an N 95 as it was conceived. It may look identical but properties don't necessarily match at all. I heard a company in China was fined about a month ago for selling defective N95 Masks. Buyer be ware...

Top Bottom