Use a scan body with a different company's components?

• Thread starter beastfromtheeast
  • Start date
B

beastfromtheeast

Reaction score
Hi,

I use Trios for intraoral scanning and Exocad for design. I've been using DESS intraoral scan bodies and their premilled blanks to make custom titanium abutments, as well as their Ti-bases. I don't like DESS's intraoral scan body because they are hard to seat and screw down with just your fingers.

I was wondering if there's a way to use a different scan body and code it so that I can still use the DESS premilled blank and Ti-bases in exocad? I thought I saw that someone did this, I just have no idea how to do this. Ideally I'm looking for a shorter, asymmetrical scan body that can be easily placed and scanned intraoral. Does anyone know someone I could hire that can code this if I send them the scan body?

Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Dess has the new 3shape scanbodies in their library. You can you them, but warning they are pricey!

B

beastfromtheeast

Reaction score
But I won't be able to use exocad to design, right? I'd be locked into using 3shape for design. Correct me if I'm wrong

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
But I won't be able to use exocad to design, right? I'd be locked into using 3shape for design. Correct me if I'm wrong

Correct. But once abutments arer made then yes can go into exo but not straight off scanbody scan, no.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Beastfromtheeast - We have a driver you can use for the intraoral scan bodies. Also we are moving to a titanium intraoral scan body and also now have the ability to print out your own scan body that slides onto the ti base too. Please let me know how we can help you further.