US Gov't shutdown hurting labs?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has been seeing a reduction in work from the shutdown.
Anyone in a heavy Federal presence zone?

Just curious. Keep hearing of issues, but 3rd and 5th hand data only.
Cousin of the hairdresser's boyfriends' roommate's boss heard something on the radio kind of things.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I do have a few clients in the northern VA - DC - MD area. So far I have not heard of issues with pt. Around here, we rely heavily on the military, which is not affected by this cluster f***. Also, I don't have local clients anyway...:cool:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I do have a few clients in the northern VA - DC - MD area. So far I have not heard of issues with pt. Around here, we rely heavily on the military, which is not affected by this cluster f***. Also, I don't have local clients anyway...:cool:
CF is too mild. This is more like a cluster bomb.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
All of the military is getting paid except the Coast Guard, they aren't DoD, they fall under Homeland Security. They like all other federal workers will get back pay, but who knows when that's going to be.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
All of the military is getting paid except the Coast Guard, they aren't DoD, they fall under Homeland Security. They like all other federal workers will get back pay, but who knows when that's going to be.
Sorry, not all Federal workers get backpay. For many it's just a nerve racking unpaid vacation of unknown duration.

[EDIT: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...oughed-federal-employees-once-shutdown-ends/?

Whoops, I was wrong. All that get a direct federal pay check as employees are now promised backpay. Contractors are not.]

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
wait the government is shut down?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
cmon ppl, these are "non-essential" jobs. which means the government shouldnt be employing them anyway. yeah for sure some business is going to be hurt by the shutdown, but realistically the gov is severely bloated as it is. and thats the smallest term i can think to use

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The bloat in our government is in Congress and the Oval Office.

A

adl

Reaction score
cmon ppl, these are "non-essential" jobs. which means the government shouldnt be employing them anyway. yeah for sure some business is going to be hurt by the shutdown, but realistically the gov is severely bloated as it is. and thats the smallest term i can think to use
TSA is non essential? And all the other ones who make sure you don’t eat contaminated food ,etc . ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
TSA is non essential? And all the other ones who make sure you don’t eat contaminated food ,etc . ?
yep! this is NOT the proper role of the federal government.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What about the Coast Guard?
shockingly, i dont find anything wrong with the Coast Guard. i know, i know, im super offensive. :rolleyes:
since the CG is part of the armed forced, its falls under the proper role of the federal government. hence the reason i used quotations around non-essential.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We've been screwed by this whole shutdown. I have a very large package of PMMA ( Aprox 600 pucks) stuck because it got flagged for
FDA inspection which is not a big deal if someone is there to inspect it :mad:

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
shockingly, i dont find anything wrong with the Coast Guard. i know, i know, im super offensive. :rolleyes:
since the CG is part of the armed forced, its falls under the proper role of the federal government. hence the reason i used quotations around non-essential.
The Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security, not Department of Defense, so they aren't getting paid like the rest of the military.

A

adl

Reaction score
We've been screwed by this whole shutdown. I have a very large package of PMMA ( Aprox 600 pucks) stuck because it got flagged for
I believe you ! This affects a lot of people . It’s so much more involved that some people think.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security, not Department of Defense, so they aren't getting paid like the rest of the military.
i never said CG was DoD. i am aware they arent currently getting paychecks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
that sucks man!

Top Bottom