UPS is giving me headaches...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I know 'Tis the Season', but seriously? Out of ten parcels , 6 are delayed a day or two. Since I ship them Air, to get some sort of "guarantee" of delivery, it is becoming expensive, very quickly. But even that, they don't respect anymore... And it is only up and down the coast, with no "winter weather", yet...
I feel this year it is even worst han the previous ones.

Any way... Rant off

M

Ps. Is Fedex any better?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Just wait till you try to get them to refund your money based on their delivery "guaranty". Bet they'll claim weather disruptions and refuse to honor the guaranty like they did with me last December when the weather was fine. It's a crap shoot with all of them, and it's painfully expensive. Best of luck to you!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know 'Tis the Season', but seriously? Out of ten parcels , 6 are delayed a day or two. Since I ship them Air, to get some sort of "guarantee" of delivery, it is becoming expensive, very quickly. But even that, they don't respect anymore... And it is only up and down the coast, with no "winter weather", yet...

Any way... Rant off

M

Ps. Is Fedex any better?
They've been ok so far here. But I'd have very much want a conversation asking them why you should pay more for a guarantee that they do not honor when they claim 'Force Majure' just whenever they want for business being too good, to the driver's left shoelace being too short, etc. Problems happen, but 60% is not a 'act of God'. It is an act of stupidity, poor planning, and hubris.

It's only two days at standard ground costs on the coast anywhere from VA or to VA, so I'd be pretty ticked off too!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score

Any way... Rant off

M

Ps. Is Fedex any better?

FedEx is worse, I was expecting a package, tracked it, it was at their center in Chesapeake....they didn’t deliver it on time because they didn’t have any other packages for my area and they weren’t going to drive all of the way out here for just one package. Grrr...

Yesterday’s UPS next day air didn’t leave Richmond on time, we didn’t get our package until 3:00, usually we have them by 12. All of the best drivers are switched to residential deliveries this time of year.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This may really be a where you live thing? as for me, FedEx has always been more reliable than UPS.
If I have a choice from the vendors when it needs to be here other than ground, it's FedEx.

The one I really have a problem with, is the USPS 2 day priority mail service which ends up in being 3-4 days,
especially this time of year. During the summer they do better, but now if I want to get FCZ crowns
2nd day to my dad in WA state, I'd need to use FedEx.

Last edited:
Juko

Juko

Reaction score
For me, fed ex is terrible. Wife orders things for Christmas and fedex reliably always sends them to the east coast by accident then to us here in the Midwest. Package originated in the Midwest. Ups is terrible this time of year for me too. But they don’t accidentally send things to the east coast first though. Drivers are really busy and a big problem they have is the new seasonal loaders. Trucks are not getting loaded correctly. I was thinking of switching to speeded delivery. Was put on hold and waited for 3-4 minutes before i decided to try contacting them through their email contact section. Have heard no reply. UPS is terribly expensive but most reliable for me. Will become NADL member this year to benefit from the discount one gets through UPS from the membership.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I used to load the brown trucks. This time of the year they are handling >400% of normal load. The trucks get filled floor to ceiling, front to back as best as the pre-loader can do, then drivers have to backtrack to handle missed packages (if your driver is usually good, be nice to them-it's not their fault!).. That said, it's rarely the local delivery that screws things up, it's the process of getting the package to the local hub that is at fault.

Each year around Thanksgiving I remind my accounts that delivery schedules are now questionable. I send them tracking information so they know I sent it on time, and the rest is a crap shoot.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I'm dealing with this issue with UPS. I understand that weather and holidays do slow things down.
So with that being said I do remind my customers that their packages may be delayed. Some of
my customers still insist on calling me all pissed off to ask me why their package is late?? Hmmmm2DontknowQuestionmarkQuestionmark
I will explain to them AGAIN that weather and holidays play a huge part of the delayed package
nightmare. I will track their package to confirm it was sent as requested ( Overnight, 2nd day etc) and
I will gladly give them the tracking number so they can read all info for themselves. So to all of my
customers please understand I have ZERO control of UPS. I feel much better now Laugh

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
UPS, generally has been very reliable for me.
Fed Ex? With incoming boxes I've had to go to the depot on 3 occasions because the package was there, and was "out for delivery" for days without ever making it off the truck.

user name

user name

Reaction score
No complaints here. Seems like UPS and FedEx are competing to see who gets here first. They usually show up within minutes of each other. FedEx guy is creepy, UPS guy is super cool.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm dealing with this issue with UPS. I understand that weather and holidays do slow things down.
So with that being said I do remind my customers that their packages may be delayed. Some of
my customers still insist on calling me all pissed off to ask me why their package is late?? Hmmmm2DontknowQuestionmarkQuestionmark
I will explain to them AGAIN that weather and holidays play a huge part of the delayed package
nightmare. I will track their package to confirm it was sent as requested ( Overnight, 2nd day etc) and
I will gladly give them the tracking number so they can read all info for themselves. So to all of my
customers please understand I have ZERO control of UPS. I feel much better now Laugh

SO WHERE ARE MY GREY WAX DISCS...RON???!!!!......oh, wait a minute, I got those 2 days ago, nevermind :D:D
Thank you, Ron :)

nevermind.jpg

Last edited:
Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I generally try to be understanding during this time of year. They are dealing with 4-5x the quantity they are accustomed to. But with more and more people shopping online, there aren't enough seasonal workers to compensate for that huge difference in package traffic.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I typically leave a note and a piece of candy or a snack for my drivers at my home address. UPS drivers, in particular, work incredibly long hours (and that's coming from a lab tech) and work very hard to get stuff delivered on time.

As for UPS vs FedEx, they are both very reliable for me. The good 'ole USPS is another story. It's a miracle if my packages make it at all, let alone on time and in one piece.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I generally try to be understanding during this time of year. They are dealing with 4-5x the quantity they are accustomed to. But with more and more people shopping online, there aren't enough seasonal workers to compensate for that huge difference in package traffic.

Good point about all the online shopping and that shipping that is now a part of the mix.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I typically leave a note and a piece of candy or a snack for my drivers at my home address. UPS drivers, in particular, work incredibly long hours (and that's coming from a lab tech) and work very hard to get stuff delivered on time.

As for UPS vs FedEx, they are both very reliable for me. The good 'ole USPS is another story. It's a miracle if my packages make it at all, let alone on time and in one piece.
Be careful having packages delivered to your home. this time of year porch pirates like to follow the UPS truck and steal your packages off of your porch.
It's safer to have them sent to your lab.

Top Bottom