updated 3shape DME

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I have a few 3shape cases that have been designed just prior to updating the DME files but not yet exported. Can I simply redesign the case from the same scan/file and expect it to utilize the updated DME or do I need to start over with a new scan file?
thanks

W

Willard

Reaction score
I would think if you updated the work order before you auto redesigned it will be fine.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have had some funky stuff happen, but it should be fine, make a copy and work on the copy to be save. You can always create a new case copy over the scans folder and the anatomry elements for and rename Anatomy for reuse, then right click reset to scanned and boom ready to design with previous design in place. Great for all cases with out gingival.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have had some funky stuff happen, but it should be fine, make a copy and work on the copy to be save. You can always create a new case copy over the scans folder and the anatomry elements for and rename Anatomy for reuse, then right click reset to scanned and boom ready to design with previous design in place. Great for all cases with out gingival.
I do this all the time when I need to rescan or change from one material to another. Some dude on the internet taught me how to do it. :)